HLJKW

It had been fifteen days since Dipper first learned that a Bill was still alive. Fourteen days, or two weeks, since he saw Bill for the first time in six years. 

Yet, It had only been a week since Dipper learned of his new powers yet it had been the most eventful week he'd had in years.   Despite his efforts he hadn't been able to access his powers. He'd tried, every day consistently for the past week he'd been trying but still nothing.

"Pinetree, calm down." It seemed like him and Bill had switched roles.  Dipper was trying to contain his powers while Bill was trying to calm the teen down and hoping he'd think rationally and not of the powers he was trying to unlock.

"How can I calm down, Bill? Demons are coming to start another apocalypse and the only chance this town has is us. A demon with now limited powers because he's human and me. An eighteen yea told boy who still can't get his powers to work." Dipper raised his voice as he spoke but as he went on it got weaker and weaker. By the end he'd fallen to the ground, looking up at the sky and his expression was blank but you could see how hopeless he felt when you saw his eyes.

Bill sat beside the boy, "Do you know how long it took me to control my powers?"
Dipper didn't say anything, but he looked over at Bill, silently telling him to continue.
"It took six months. It's not easy for demons either. Of course, I could use them but I couldn't control them. It's a bad situation to be in, a human who just got powers and now has a time limit to use them. No one would want to be in your place, not even me, but I know you can do it." Bill gave a small but genuine smile in Dippers direction.

"How do you know I can do it? I'm the weak one in my family." Dipper scoffed as he thought about all the times he'd been called weak or referred to as the "omega twin".

"You defeated an all-powerful dream demon when you were barely thirteen. I think you can do this." While he was talking Bill had reached over and simply set his hand on top of Dippers, hoping he'd respond in a positive way.

"Thanks, Bill." Dipper gathered ho the courage to intertwine his fingers with the demons, "You know, you're not as bad as you set yourself up to be."

Bill chuckled lightly, "Tell anyone and I'll kill you."

"And the old Bill is back." Dipper smiled, looking over at the demon.  He was surprised when he saw that Bill was already looking at him.

"Pinetree, you said that the fuzzy feelings can be caused by a person. How do I know?" The demon tightened his grip on Dippers hand. Not to a painful level but to one where Dipper could easily tell he was stressed and needed the extra comfort.

"Well, if whenever you're near that person or touch them you get butterflies or feel really excited." Dipper was still holding Bill's had but wasn't making eye contact. "Usually you'd want to hug them, and sometimes even kiss them." He stuttered as he spoke, unable to even look at Bill.

He didn't realize what was happening next until after it had occurred.
He felt warmth on his face then he felt it, he felt Bill's lips against his.   Bill's lips were tense and pressed together, not relaxed and although Dipper was still trying to process what was happening, but he knew two things.   Bill had never kissed anyone before from how tense his lips were, and that the demon was likely as nervous about this as he was.

Bill pulled away first, "That didn't help the feeling go away. Now it's just more."

Dipper was bright red, but he still laughed, "I never said it would make the feeling go away I said that the feeling can make you want to kiss someone."

"Do you have the feeling too?" Dipper had never seen Bill as shy and reserved as he was right now.  He had a slight hunch to his back and his eyes, rather than having a normal mischievous glint to them, had a nervous and worried shimmer.   He was playing with his fingers like a shy school boy and wasn't making eye contact.

"Ya. I have the feeling too. I just, wasn't expecting you to kiss me." Dipper's body language matched Bill's with how nervous they both were. Their minds still racing over what had just happened.
"Have you ever kissed anyone before?"

The demon shook his head, "I've never had this feeling before.  Where I come from you can't. 'It's illegal and unnatural' is what they say."  Bill explained.

Rather than allowing Bill to dwell on the thought of his past Dipper stood up, attempting at his powers again.

"C'mon, we need to get these powers down.  I mean, now if you kissed me you really have to protect me." Dipper shrugged.

Bill shook his head in amusement "You're persistent, Pinetree. Just like when you were younger."
For the next ten minutes Bill was trying to explain ways to get the powers to work when he thought of something.

"I was able to use my powers because I was mad and used them for hate.   You don't seem like someone who could ever hate someone, so try to use them and think of something you want to protect or that makes you happy."

Dipper nodded, letting his mind wander.  He barely even realized it until he felt unbalanced, but he'd managed to levitate about half a foot from the ground. However, as soon as he realized what was happening he fell back to the ground luckily landing on his feet.

"I did it!" Dipper cheered, pushing both arms up in excitement.

"That was quick.  What did you think of?" Bill asked.

"Oh, just my sister." Although yes, she was one of the people Dipper thought about it wasn't the thought of her that allowed him to fly.  Rather, it was the though of a specific demon.