Chapter 2

You hadn't thought much of what class would look like, the same old routine with the same people who you were tired of. Everywhere you turned, there were looks of disapproval and disgust. They whispered things like how you killed your mother and drove away your father. At some point, they became white noise and blended into the background. If you didn't hear anything, it would be abnormal and even uncomfortable.

Someone pushed past your shoulder, causing the book your holding to fall down and notes held within them scattered over the floor. "Why don't you stay at home? No one wants you here." Laughter filled the hallway, the boys who knocked you disappeared from sight as they high-fived each other. You thought immature acts like this would have ended in high school, but since you could only afford to go to a nearby university, the monsters followed with their vicious attacks. Sighing, you crouched down and began picking up the papers.

You should have yelled back at them, or trip their legs like last week. Though you masked your feelings around them, you were terrified that they would hurt you further. A part of you just wanted to blend in despite your indifference. If Seokjin was here, he would have scolded you for not standing your ground, but then he'll try to make you laugh.

A hand suddenly appeared. You gasped a little internally, no one had ever helped you before during these circumstances. Glancing up, you were met with a boy with bright eyes and a contagious smile that shaped almost like a heart. Your heart unintentionally skipped a beat but then you shook your head and went back to picking up the rest of the papers. "Thanks," you muttered as he handed you the last page.

"Of course," he answered, his caramel voice did not match his exterior. He would be classified as a nerd in all regards. His curly soft brown hair was flat across his forehead, with thick round glasses. He's wearing a sweater vest when it was 90 degrees outside, along with suspenders, dress pants, and awful looking tennis shoes. If his intention was to stand out, he was doing a good job of it. Anyone could tell he wasn't from this town. He hasn't been infected. Maybe you were the only victim. "My name is Hoseok, I just moved here."

There was something else about him that was strange, his aura. And his clothes were disguises and he didn't want people to know who he really is. "I'm Y/N, thanks again for helping."

"Y/N," he repeated, "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." he hummed. Then he stepped forward and played with the end of your hair. You couldn't figure out why your body didn't move, or slap him away. Something was intoxicating, it could have been fear. But then again, there was nothing dangerous about the way he looks. "Do you mind showing me around?" Hoseok asked.

"What?"

"I don't know where my classes are. And it doesn't look like I can ask anyone else," he explained. When he said that, you noticed that people around were looking at the exchange between you two. They whispered amongst themselves, freaks tend to stay together. Hoseok's eyes trailed the hallway up and down, and almost discreetly glared at anyone who would look over at the two of you. Even through his glasses, they feel fear rising. They all shuddered and shuffled away. Soon, it was just you two. "See, there's just you left?"

It was as if a veil of shadow was cast over the hallway, and Hoseok's eyes grew darker. Yet his smile remained. "Um, sure." Despite being new to the school, Hoseok was surprisingly good at guessing where to turn. You first showed him to his department, which strangely was the same as yours. Then to the cafeteria, gym, and finally to his next class, which you had as well. Walking to your table, which was located in the back of the room and away from everyone else, you rolled your eyes when you saw that it was smeared with red paint. People snickered from around. Even the professor gave up and offered you a lazy shrug. You turned to Hoseok, who didn't seem at all surprised or disgusted by the paint. He actually found it amusing, "I think if you want to survive in this class, you should sit far from me."

"Why?" he asked. You wonder if he was joking or if he was actually that ignorant.

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm not very liked here. If you associate yourself with me, you'll get treated like a freak. You're new here, I don't want that to happen to you."

"Then why don't you do something about it?"

"What?"

Hoseok walked over and touched the paint, it hadn't dried up yet. The paint dripping down his finger and he smirked at it. It was a chilling image. The image of him reminded you of something else, something much deadlier."Why do you let them walk over you like this? You could fight back. Even kill them." That last part came out too quiet for you to catch, but everything else had already creeped you out.

"I guess I'm a coward." you shrugged. Despite your protest, Hoseok took the table seat next to yours. The students in the front stared at him in confusion, but one look at his eyes sent made them snap their heads back towards the board. Throughout the lesson, while you were focused on the material, Hoseok would indiscreetly look at you. He was studying your facial features, the way your eyes focused, the way the sunlight filtered through your hair.

A devilish smile crawled onto his face. It would be interesting, he thought to himself. He had his eyes set on you since the day he stepped foot into this town, which was a few months ago. To be honest, his never left you nor did his heart. He wondered how long it would be until he would take you away from this place.