Chapter 7

Eyes shut, wide grin, hidden dimples. He was blinding to look at, the kind of warmth you wanted to be engulfed in. Contagious smile, citrus fragrance, curly hair. There was no imperfection to him. And while nothing was constant in your life, he was, or at least that's what you thought.

What happened?

Why did he go away?

Why did you make him go away?

The sun was planted across the horizon. It stood like a bronze metal, waiting to be collected. You sat up groggily on the bed, feeling the emptiness in your stomach and a slight pounding in your head. Something told you, you would never see the light of day again. It was fear that immediately rushed to you, it was anger at yourself for being reckless enough to follow a complete stranger to who knows where. No, to say he was a stranger would be a lie, yet your brain couldn't place together the pieces to show the mosaic of Hoseok. You only knew one thing about him right now.

He's a monster.

All around you were green, the color of hope. The curtains, the velvet blanket draped tenderly on your body, the flowers right next to your bedside, the silk pajamas that you were wearing. You shuddered at the thoughts of how it got on you in the first place. The interior of the room was simple enough, some bright paintings in contrast to the white walls. The lace canopy gave the illusions that you were in a dream, wishful thinking.

Your phone was nowhere to be seen. Despite its absence, you can sense that your family must be worried sick, especially Seokjin. He is the strongest person you know, laughing through the pain. You never once saw him cry, even when Namjoon got that job that would separate the two of them. You wonder if he would cry for you, if anyone would cry for you. A knock came from the door, and you hid under the thick blanket. A couple of footsteps could be heard. They were there to kill you, that's the only explanation, you thought.

"M'lady, the young master is waiting for you to join him for breakfast." It came from a woman. Judging from the tone of her voice, she could be as old as your mother. Even with the strange fondness in her voice, you still didn't move from your spot. "Please, the young master doesn't like to be kept waiting." she urged again. In would be normal for anyone in her situation to be fearful, yet, she talked about him with a sense of understanding and affection. Maybe he was a good manipulator, considering you were lured here.

Slowly, you lifted the blanket away from you. The woman smiled in delight. Her face formed lines where the smile reached, it was comforting and familiar. She wore a suit with a skirt, it was dignified, as if she was the head of the household here rather than a servant."Where is he?"

"In the kitchen." she answered. "I will help you shower and dressed."

Your face became red, "I-I can certainly shower and dress by myself. You don't need to do that."

The woman chuckled, "Whatever you say, m'lady. You're still just as stubborn as before."

"What does that mean?" you questioned with furrowed eyebrows. She said nothing, instead, she walked to a door in the room that you hadn't noticed and waited for you to join her.

When she pushed the door back, the strong citrus smell hits your nose. "The maids have prepared a bath for you along with the dress that you will wear. And I'll remind them to not bother you."

"Thank you..."

"Areum."

"Areum," you repeated, the name rolled off your tongue with familiarity. She closed the door gently behind you. It was like a pastel gold heaven, with intricate engraving on the wall and painted skies on the ceiling. You felt as if you stepped into a Greek painting. The bathtub was bigger than your bed back at home, decorated with vibrant flower petals. You've only ever seen something like this in the movies. Once you got into the warm water, you closed your eyes. Everything was silent, except for the ripples of the water. For a second, you thought it would be nice to live like this, to let people take care of you without a care in the world. You shook your head, you didn't even know what Hoseok wanted, or what he meant by you needed to remember.

The dress the maids prepared was hung neatly next to the tub. An emerald velvet dress with long sleeves. Again, you've only ever seen something like this in the movies. It reminded you of privileged housewives. The dress hugged your body perfectly, emphasizing your figure. Hoseok must have been observant about your body size, it couldn't be just a lucky guess. Even the toothbrush and towel were the colors of the ones back at home. He even bought all the skin products that you use. You dared not to think of how he knew. There was only precise calculations with him, you realized.

(Here's a rendition of the dress beautiful drawn by Spidey_Hellen

(Here's a rendition of the dress beautiful drawn by Spidey_Hellen. Thank you sooo much for reading my stories and creating this. You're amazing!)

Areum waited patiently outside. Her feet were glued in the exact position as you left her. "Right this way." she said as she led you out to the hallway, which remained as colorful and vibrant as your room. More modern art pieces were hung along with multicolored lights. Your heels clicked loudly on top of the black marble floor. Areum bowed to someone, then stepped to the side.

When he saw you, his eyes twinkled. Green was his favorite color on you, so much so that he enveloped his life in it to hold on to some pieces of you. He wore a loose white shirt and jeans, unlike anything you've seen him in so far. His hair was parted, but the slight waves remained. "Sit down." he commanded.

"I want to go home." you said firmly.

"That's not possible, mi amor. You should have thought about that before following me." he chuckled.

"Look I'm sorry. I didn't mean to spy on you or anything. Please, just let me go home." you begged. "I won't tell anyone about anything, I don't even know anything, so-"

He slammed his fist on the table, causing the pavement to shake. You jumped. "Shut up." he said. "You talk too much." For the first time, you felt fear towards him. He didn't raise his voice, he didn't need to for you to reiterate the fact that he's truly cruel. You're his hostage and he had the power to do anything to you. "Now," he began, hooded eyes pinned on you that made you shrink. "I'm hungry, so sit down if you want to keep your pretty face."