Chapter 10

Your attempt to hide from him the next morning was futile. He spotted you out of the corner of his eyes as he poured banana milk in two glasses. "Here," he said, handing one to you when you realized that there was no point in hiding longer.

"Thanks," you muttered quietly. It was your favorite. He gave a quick smile, then turned his attention back somewhere else. The smile that made his blazing eyes from last night disappear. But it was also a reminder that he could switch personality with a snap of a finger and you never know what you'll get. You looked around the kitchen to catch any glimpses of the girl from last night. You could still see her painted lips so clearly, as if they were blood in the darkest of night. Soon, memories of his arms around her flooded through your mind. You shut your eyes shut to keep them away. It was the last thing you wanted to think about. It shouldn't have bothered you, you thought, what he does at his house is none of your concerns, especially when you're just his captive.

"She left already," Hoseok said with his back still towards you. He could sense that you were anxious, perhaps even uncomfortable. He felt it last night too, and thought it would be fun to keep you feeling that way.

"What?" His sentence brought you back to reality. When you realized he had a small smirk on his face, you cleared your throat and looked the other way. You never noticed the sunflower painting hung over the fireplace in the living room before, it looked familiar. "I mean, I couldn't care less about what you do with your time." you added.

"Sure you don't." Hoseok grinned. "So, how was the rest of your night?" he asked, turning around to face you. He leaned his back against the counter and crossed his arms. Along with his loose white tee and the exposed forehead, it was a deadly combination. You looked away quickly.

"Are you really asking me that?"

"I'm just curious," he shrugged. "I care about my guest at my house."

You scoffed loudly, too loud. "Right, because you're so generous." As you rolled your eyes, you began walking out of your kitchen and back to your room because it seemed that Hoseok would remain home today and you did not want to stay around him at all. But quicker than the speed of light, he appeared before your at the doorway.

"I thought I asked you a question," he stated with a hoarse voice. The alcohol from last night dissipate into thin air, and a citrus garden surrounded you two. That smell too was familiar, and inviting.

"I don't have to answer you, you're just my captive and nothing else." you muttered. It was the wrong answer.

He exhaled then with a quick spin, he had your back pressed against the wall as he held your wrist above your head. The glass of orange juice shattered on the floor. "You're right, you're my prisoner, so I expect you to answer me unless you want me to do something you don't want." he warned. Your wrist was starting to hurt, immensely as if his hand was slithering snake. He leaned closer to your ear, you shut your eyes tightly, hoping the monster would go away. He was tempted to kiss your neck, perhaps to show his dominance, or affection, he hadn't decided yet. However, he didn't get far when he saw a single tear trailing down your cheek.

Hoseok clenched his jaws then dropped your wrist. It was bright red. He took a step back, and you saw a hint of remorse in his eyes. Then he looked away. "I'll call Areum to clean this up." Without sparing you another glance, he strolled up the staircase. Your body was still stuck to the wall as if you were in some sort of trance. You wondered why when his body was so close to yours, you felt a strange sense of comfort and calmness. And it didn't seem like it was the first time he had done this, no, something like this has happened before, long again. His clouded eyes would haunt you forever.

Just then Areum walked in. She wasn't shocked to see the mess, but she was concerned when she saw you against the wall, face pale. "Are you okay, Y/N?"

It took you a second to breathe again, "I don't think I'll ever be okay as long as I am imprisoned in this house." you said without much thought. Areum's face remained neutral, but you could sense that the statement made her upset. "I'm sorry."

"Please do not be. The young Master has trouble expressing his feelings." she began. "Deep down, his heart is pure, and he is a brilliant person."

"How can someone's heart be pure if they do illegal things?" you retorted. "And I'm not even talking about the fact that he kidnapped me, but he killed people and trading illegal weapons. He might be brilliant, but not in the right way."

"He wasn't always like this. He used to be so happy and so kind to everyone he met. But then one day, something made him snap and he'd been like this ever since. He shut down and shut people out."

"What happened?"

"I shouldn't tell you." she shook her head.

"Areum, please," you begged. "I need to know more about him. If you say that he's a good person, then I want to believe you. There's an enigma here, I know it, and I have to solve it. I don't know why but I feel that he's not just a random stranger in my life. As if we've met long before but I can't put together puzzle pieces that I don't have. So please."

Areum sighed, but was a little hopeful. She thought that if you knew, then you could help the young Master return to his cheerful youth.