Chapter 5

Seokjin walked out of the supply closet, to see that you were watering the ground, several feet away from the flowers he had asked you to water. He shuffled forward and hit the back of your head gently. "Ow," It still knocked you forward. "What was that for?" you demanded. Seokjin gestured for you to look down at the puddle you created. "Oh my gosh, sorry."

"Are you okay? You seem distracted. Did something happen today in class?" he asked with genuine concern. Yesterday was the same. When you came to the shop, Seokjin noticed how jittery you were. He thought it was the boys again picking on you, but normally you wouldn't let it get to you. When he asked about it, you said nothing and dismissed it as stress from school. He knew better, and he truly wished that you would let him in, at least a little bit. Ever since you were young, you take responsibilities and tasks all by yourself. You would never tell any of them your struggles, Seokjin only happened to see the boys teasing you for you to tell him about it. At first it was fun for him to see you struggling like a little kid, but eventually, he grew worried that one day you'll disappear without a trace if you felt like that was your responsibility.

"I.." you began, but then closed your mouth. What good would it do to tell him that Woo Joo was removed from the school? Why would he care in the first place? And maybe he would ask questions that you had no answer to. Thinking back to the classroom and Hoseok's sleeping face, he didn't explain how he knew Woo Joo was gone. But words spread around the school saying that his parents had moved him somewhere else to finish his senior year. Some say they were threatened by the mafia, or paid off by them. Either way, your demon was gone when you didn't know it was possible. "It's nothing, everything is fine." you told him with a smile.

Seokjin's wide shoulders dropped. "I know that's not true, but I won't force you to tell me. I wish you'd come to me with any problems next time. I'm older, I'm supposed to handle stuff like that with you."

You nudged his arm, "Well, I don't think I would have survived all this time without seeing your beautiful face." you sang. A proud smile was back on his face, and he nodded slowly.

"You're right. But don't take on too much by yourself, got it?"

"Yes, sir." you saluted. As you went to water the flowers outside, you noticed the familiar horrendous shoes approaching. His eyes were pin on you, and his steps were determined, as if he had meant to find you in the first place. He didn't stop when he was in front of you, he continued forward until you arched back and his face hovered over yours. "Hoseok, what are you doing here?" you asked, biting your lips out of habit.

Hoseok scoffed as he stepped back, pulling something out of his pocket. "I'm just here to return this to you."

He placed the ointment in your palm. "You came here just to give this back to me?" He nodded. "Wait, how did you know I would be here?"

"Hmm, maybe you told me at some point." he shrugged, looking around at the exterior and nodding in satisfaction. It was a lie, you had not mentioned anything about your personal life. This was a red flag, warning signs that masked themselves as butterflies in your stomach. Though you haven't admitted it to yourself, there was something intoxicating in the way he looked at you, even if it terrifies you sometimes. Like the look he gave when you asked him to explain what happened to Woo Joo and how he knew the monster was gone.

"Hoseok, I need to ask you something." you said. He turned his head back towards you, a sly smile on his face.

"What is it?"

You paused a little,"What happened after I left yesterday?"

"He punched me a little bit more to satisfy himself. Then he left with his friends." he answered. Normally, he wouldn't let a fly come near him, but he had taken the punches, simply for the thrill of it. And he had loved the worried expression on your face, and fear. He wanted more of that fear, it made his body tingle. Maybe that obsession was why he got into this business in the first place.

"What really happened to Woo Joo?" you continued.

He rolled his eyes a little, "I already told you. I heard that he was gone from all the other students, that's all." You knew that was another lie considering Woo Joo's parents hadn't announced his removal until later that morning. So one could have possibly known about that.

"But Woo Joo-" Your back was slammed against the wall. Hoseok He pressed one hand against the wall, right next to your face. He didn't answer, instead, he stared at your face, your blushing cheeks, and trembling eyes. It was like a predator observing his prey, or a lover enamored over his beloved, there was no difference between that and a hungry wolf.

He leaned forward, inching his lips to your ear. You shut your eyes tightly, hands in fists close to your chest. "Don't you ever say his name again, got it?" he growled. "I only want you to say my name from here on out. Do you understand?"

Your body was shaking as your heart pounded against its cage. You should have pushed him back and called Seokjin to help you. But you couldn't bring yourself to move, or tell him to leave. There was something wrong with you. You could only nod.

The bell on the door jingled, and Seokjin emerged. "Y/N? Is something wrong?" he asked. He was concerned when you hadn't come back inside. Then his eyes grew and his anger rose when he saw your situation. He rushed over, pushing Hoseok back. "Who the fuck are you and what are you doing to her?"

Your eyes open and you held Seokjin's arm back. "Oppa, it's okay. He's just a friend from school." you told him. Hoseok raised his eyebrows slightly, he was finally face to face with the person that caused a part of his misery.

"A friend? Maybe you don't understand boundaries." Seokjin snapped at the other boy.

Hoseok raised both hands up lazily, "Relax, I wasn't going to do anything to her." Not yet. "Well, I'll see you in class tomorrow, Y/N." Then he disappeared along with the sun.

"I don't like him." Seokjin muttered. There was a strange familiarity to the boy. "You need to be careful."

"I know, oppa." you mumbled. Your heart was still pounding with fear and curiosity. But something was seriously wrong with you, something idiotic.

Wanting him.