Chapter 8

Hoseok happily ate the food his servants brought out to him, he was like a child feeling giddy about delicious food. You couldn't get used to these personality changes, you didn't know what was the real version, or at least the one that would tolerate you. When he saw that you weren't eating, he raised an eyebrow and it was a signal that he was getting mad. So you picked up your chopsticks and put some food on your plate. You refrained from actually eating anything out of fear that it might bring some consequences later. "I didn't poison the food or anything." he scoffed while enjoying his piece of chicken.

"I don't know that, I don't really know the extent of what you would do." you remarked. Areum made a face in the corner, it was probably the wrong thing to say. Despite knowing the young master won't hurt you in anyway, it was terrifying to think about the possibilities. Hoseok placed his bowl and chopsticks down. Your heartbeat grew louder and he strode closer and closer to you, the citrus smell growing more powerful. He pushed your chair back and trapped you in between his arms.

"Look at me." he whispered. When you didn't move, he rolled his eyes and grabbed your chin almost violently. His eyes had hints of sadness in them, you couldn't explain why. He was upset, a familiar pain he felt since long ago, and it was all because of you. "If you want to survive in this house, I think it would be smart to follow my orders."

"Why?"

"Because you won't want to see the extent of what I would do when I am angry." he answered.

"Hoseok," you whimpered, tears filling your eyes. He panicked for a second, and held himself back from holding you. He hated the sight of you hurting or sad. "Who are you? Why are you doing this to me?" He dropped your chin and looked away.

"Can't you guess?" he retorted. Of course you can, the clues had always been in front of your eyes, but you denied them. Wishful thinking.

"I want to hear it from you." you confessed. It drove him crazy, the effect that you had on him, even just from the mellowness of your voice. But you never knew his feelings, and maybe you'll never know. He sighed, and leaned back against the table, trapping you between his legs.

"I'm a mafia boss." he began, his voice steady and confident. "My group came to town a few weeks ago. Our main goal is the harbor export, to transport our resources nationwide."

"What kind of resources?" you asked, already knowing full well what he was going to say.

"Whatever will make me money, mi amor." he purred. "For awhile, it was weapons up to the North, but that got boring, so now I'm testing out drugs." Your heart dropped. Admittedly, you had hopes that he would say this all a lie and that he inherited a large sum of money from a deceased relative and that's how he got this big house and wealth. You didn't want to believe any of this, because that would add to the fact that he was a monster. "Relax, I've never dealt with women or children. Even I have morals." he laughed.

"If you had morals, you would let me go home."

He nodded his head, "You're right. But, unfortunately, I don't have any morals when it comes to you."

"What? Why? What have I ever done to you?" you yelled. You couldn't fight the strength of his legs, which forced you to sit still.

"More than you can ever know, and there's nothing you can do about it." he answered without any emotion. But his eyes were louder than his words and you felt the hurt in his heart. "You have something else you want to ask me."

"How many people have you killed?" you whispered.

"No matter what I answer, you'll be afraid of me. And I want to keep it that way." Despite that, you still struggled and managed to push him back. A glass fell to the ground and shattered. Hoseok glanced at the glass pieces, then back at you. "You shouldn't have done that, I hate messes."

Feeling frightful, you rushed for what you presumed would be the door. Hoseok stood still, making a gesture with his head. You weren't even close to the door when your body was lifted up to the ground and spun back to face Hoseok once again. Two of his guards dragged you back, kicked your knees, and pinned you to the ground. "You're a monster," you said through gritted teeth.

Hoseok strode over like a ghost, his footsteps echoing in your ears, louder by the second. He bent down, and pulled up your chin for you to look at him. "I guess we'll do this the hard way."

"What does that-"

Areum jumped and covered her mouth. That was the last thing she thought the young master would ever discipline you like this. Your cheek grew red and the burning got worse. His hand came back down to his side as he tried to remain calm. "You will call your family and tell them you're running away from home and you never want to see them again."

"Absolutely not," you growled.

"I don't think you are in the right position to not comply with my orders, mi amor." he smirked. "From now on, if you disobey me in any way, there will be consequences." He raised his hand up again and you flinched, shutting your eyes quickly and turning your head away. Hoseok laughed, his hand coming down to caress your cheek. He brought your face closer to his and whispered in your ear. "Make the call now, or else I will kill them."

The air was sucked out of your lungs, like someone had punched you in the gut. But you would rather have that happen than someone making a threat to your family. You opened your mouth to yell at Hoseok, but you were terrified that it would anger him more and he wouldn't wait for your objection to hurt your family. When he saw that you no longer had the will to fight back, he held a phone to your ear.

"Hello? Y/N? Are you okay? Where are you?" It was Seokjin's concerned voice, it made you cry, hearing him like this. Even though you weren't really related, you could count on him for anything. And right now, you would break his heart.

"Oppa," you answered with shaking voice, tears blinding your eyes so you couldn't see Hoseok's twisted smile. "I'm okay. Don't worry about where I am."

"What does that mean?" Seokjin asked impatiently. "Give me the address, I'll come pick you up right now."

"No! Don't come, please. Let mom and dad know that I'm so grateful for all they've done for me, but I won't be coming home from now on. Don't look for me, forget I exist."

"Y/N, what the hell are you talking about?!" Seokjin yelled.

"Oppa, thank you for being my brother. I love you." Then the line went dead, Hoseok had put the phone back in his pocket.

"Good girl, that wasn't so hard was it?" You didn't answer, instead, letting the tears consumed you. Hoseok gestured for the guards to back away. You hadn't noticed when his arms wrapped around your back, and his lips on your forehead. "You're finally all mine."