"It's a Reasonably Bearable Existence..." Part IV...

Summary: The Powers That Be have had it with Sheldon...And have decided he needs a little Xmas...

Disclaimer: It's all Chuck's...But nothing for Joss Whedon on this one.

(Just a note...To learn more about Amy's rather bipolar, beautiful, and somewhat tragic sister and her Sheldon Cooper obsession, you'll want to read "Gran Mag")

Part IV...

("Ok, we've seen the friends, I've looked over the notes...What's next?...I'd like to wrap this up and get dinner on the table for Clarence and the boys...Not that Claire doesn't help around the house but, frankly as a cook...What?..." Penelope, innocent look...

"I see you've overcome your uncertainty about modern fashion..." Joseph, curt tone...

"I figured I'd have to learn to dress the part..." she noted... "It's the same blouse my descendant was wearin'...And trousers of respectworthy length..."

"Knocked a few years from your calendar as well..."

"Don't want to frighten my client or her fellow..." the now Penny-aged Penelope noted... "Sort of seamlessly fitting into their world view as someone they're familiar with, ya know?..."

Pause, clearly suggestive of a hard if invisible stare...

"Uh-huh...I thought you'd decided Cooper was an insensitive lout..."

"I'm trying to display thoughtfulness and patience, Joseph...That's why I was assigned this one, right?..."

"Something tells me you're eager to display something else for ole Clarence...Well, must admit I'd not thought the old fellow could provoke such 'eagerness'..."

Smile... "We're a rather unusual twosome...Always have been...And very well matched, whatever some may think...Perhaps we should get on with things?..." high-minded, if low-cut bloused look...

"Well, we'd best have a look at your client again...Give you background there..."

"Amy?...Certainly...Hmmn...Is this still California?..."

"With this much snow, it's certainly not southern California..." grousing response...)

Snowy farm field stretching across a wide view to a wooden fence to the left, to the right and directly, far to side and in the distance, clumps of trees stretching to solid evergreen and bare-limbed forest...Behind, the field running to a modest, but good-sized farmhouse with the seacoast beyond...Clear blue sky, deep blue to green sea...

"Why this looks to be more like home...New England..."

"Maine...The farm Amy and her sister mostly grew up on...That's Amy's grandmother, Margaret..." They observed a tall, lanky, well past middle-age steel-grey haired woman of determined jaw in heavy overcoat and gloves sweeping the steps of the farmhouse porch...

"Where I have seen her?..." Penelope stared...

"Their great aunt likewise Margaret and spitting image of this one was the Wicked Witch of the Oz movie in '39...The Fowler-Hamilton girls all take great pride in the family history and all bearing some resemblance..."

"Yes, I see it now...That chin...Oh, there's Amy, right?..." Penelope eyed the small, bespectacled figure in red snowsuit emerging from the house onto the porch... "And...Oooh..."

"That's her older sister...Charlotte..."

"Dear God...The poor...Creature..."

"Neurofibromatosis...Possibly Proteus Syndrome as well...Ever hear of the Elephant Man...?"