"It's a Reasonably Bearable Existence..." Part XI...

Summary: The Powers That Be have had it with Sheldon...And have decided he needs a little Xmas...

Disclaimer: It's all Chuck's...But nothing for Joss Whedon on this one.

(Just a note...To learn more about Amy's rather bipolar, beautiful, and somewhat tragic sister and her Sheldon Cooper obsession, you'll want to read "Gran Mag")

Part XI...

Bob Hope Airport, Burbank, CA...Christmas Day...

("Is this the airport...?" Sheldon looked round... "What are we doing here?...You said we were going to see Amy..."

"I said nothing of the kind, lad..." Penelope eyed him... "I said we were off to our next destination...But, if you'd stop fuming and fussing..."

"Amy..." he stared at the figure slumped in plastic chair...A sad Santa Baby in red and white...Bag by her side...

"What is she doing?...Where is she going?...Amy?!...Amy?!..."

"She's off to visit the one person who'd understand her grief..." Penelope noted... "Though unfortunately not the best choice..."

"What?...Amy?!...I'm here!...Wait!...This is a mistake!...I'm sorry if I didn't show you my usual earnest concern and sympathy, I was still upset...Amy!..." Sheldon turned to face Penelope..."You!...Make her see me!...Restore me to normal space!..."

"No..." Penelope, coolly... "I wouldn't if I could..."

"Amy!..." he tried again... "Amy, I'm sorry..." He whirled again on Penelope, standing calmly by... "You let her see me!...I'm sorry...That should be enough..."

"It's not..." cold tone...

"Where is she going?..." He looked to the departure sign at the nearby gate...

"Paris?...Why is she going to Paris?...Is Leonard taking her?!..."

"Nice idea...But no, your friend Leonard and my counterpart and your other friends are knocking very anxiously on her door right now...Amy's off to see her sister in France..."

"The one I called an angel?...Isn't she dead?...Her symptoms looked pretty grim back then..."

"Not only not dead, but beautiful...And quite successful...Though, sadly...Not the sweet angel she once was...Thanks in part to you..." Penelope, carefully...

"Now that's just too unfair... 'in part to [me]'...?" he frowned... "What in the Lord's name did I do except be nice to her that day?..."

"Perhaps in this case, just a bit unfair...But if you'd been a decent and loving boyfriend...Shown Amy what you felt...All this might have been settled years ago...Though it's true Charlotte's sadly twisted character is largely her own doing...But a loving brother-in-law could have helped..."

"Why is Amy going to her?..."

"Where else can she go?...Her grandmother is very old and wouldn't know about you...Her mother...Please...A block of wood or poor Leonard's mother would be of more help...And she's kept hoping Charlotte's allusions to her delight in tormenting her lovers and their lovers is just talk..."

"And how is this my fault?..." Sheldon, glaring...

"Charlotte and Amy love the angel they met on that train...And swore that one of them would win your heart one day...Having, from their grandmother and greataunt, no lack of appreciation of what they could offer a good man with sense enough to appreciate a Fowler lass...Charlotte meant, honestly, to let Amy have you but when Amy didn't come to rescue her in France...And didn't agree with her as to taking vengeance on all those who'd judged her solely on her outward appearance...And told her she'd tracked their beloved angel to the great California Institute of Technology..."

"Amy tracked me to Cal Tech?...But..."

"She was afraid to meet you until that night she found Rajesh and Howard's profile of you online on that dating service...Then she gave it a shot but never mentioned the past or revealed her obsession with you until later...You did notice she rather quickly took to you and tolerating your many, many foibles...?" Penelope stared...

"What foibles?..."

Eye roll...Patience, patience...Oh, I am that Patience on the Monument, you hear tell of...

Why, thanks, Joseph...Beam...

She put up a hand...Please...

"The point is, lad...Charlotte learned Amy had found you...And in her despair and sorrow over being abandoned in France, came to believe, over the years, that Amy had deliberately abandoned her...Joining the rest of her family...First to steal their grandmother's love for herself, now to capture you...And Charlotte, poor child, is not someone to take that sort of thing easily...Particularly..."

"Particularly?..."

Oh...He blinked...

"Oh!...You can't let her get on that plane!..."

"Not up to me..." Penelope, coolly... "And if she'd be like to do it...She'd better...And rid you of the bother, eh?...Arsehole..."

"What will that sister of hers do?..."

"When she learns the truth of why Amy is fleeing her home?...Of what you did?...Lets just say I only wish she'd kill you..." Penelope, grimly... "There are much worse things than physical harm, Sheldon...Though with Charlotte, one never knows..."

"I didn't mean for this to happen..."

"Words, Sheldon...Tis a pity you aren't raised a Catholic, lad...We'd hammer it into you...Deeds, boy...Deeds..."

"I said I was sorry...I'll make it up to Amy...I'll go to Paris and get her..."

"You?...You dropped out of sight that Christmas Eve...You're out of the picture, laddie...You're nothing here...One with the universe, as you always bellowed you wanted...Above the fray, no longer troubled by such petty nonsense..."

"Oh..." he nodded...

"Sheldon!..." Penelope glared... "Lord, boy!...Does your loved one mean so little to you?...Charlotte may not hurt her physically but she'll make her remaining time on this world enough of a living hell to drive her to..."

Sheldon staring...

"And as for your daughter..." she eyed him...