"It's a Reasonably Bearable Existence..." Part XIII...

Rated: K - English - Humor/General - Reviews: 19 - Published: 12-09-12 - Updated: 01-02-13 id:8781588

"It's a Reasonably Bearable Existence..."

Summary: The Powers That Be have had it with Sheldon...And have decided he needs a little Xmas...

Disclaimer: It's all Chuck's...But nothing for Joss Whedon on this one.

(Just a note...To learn more about Amy's rather bipolar, beautiful, and somewhat tragic sister and her Sheldon Cooper obsession, you'll want to read "Gran Mag")

Part XIII...

[I go with Patty Duke as Meemaw, myself...But feel free...]

By the Air France departures gates at Bob Hope International Airport, Burbank, CA...

("Meemaw?!...Where's..." Sheldon stared...

"The girl had to get her family's Christmas Eve dinner on her table...Sorry if we startled you but the world can't stop for you all the time, Shelly..." shake of head, brush of white hair...Sigh...

"Is that Amy?...Your mama showed me her picture once..." she looked over at the sad-faced figure standing by the departure gate for Air France's next flight to Paris...

"Meemaw..."

"Sheldon Lee Cooper, I'm disappointed in you...And your Paw-paw may go easy on you, considering how long it's been since he's had a chance to see his young Edison, I'm not about to let you off so easily..." she pushed a pair of large spectacles in metal frame back on her nose...Folding arms...

"Well?...What have you got to say for yourself?..."

"Meemaw...We have to stop Amy from boarding that plane!...Can't you get me to her?!...I'll fix things!..."

"Didn't the young lady explain, Shelly?...We're the shadows here...I'm afraid not, honey..." sigh..."Poor thing...She worked hard on that costume and song, Sheldon..." stern eyeing... "And I am here to tell you, it's not easy to that sort of thing when you're in your first stages of morning sickness..."

"Please, Meemaw...You have to help me...Amy can't go to France...I can't let her go now..."

"And why is she going...With my great-grandchild...?"

"I was bad...I hurt her...I didn't mean to...Meemaw, she's the girl I should stay on the roller coaster with..."

Smile... "So you remember my advise, now..." frown... "But a little slow on it in the practical application...Oh, honey..." shake of head... "Why did you let that girl go?...Didn't anything I ever tole you ever sink in?..."

"I tried to be nice to her...Meemaw...I wanted to be...But everyone wants so much...I don't know how..."

Hard stare... "Sheldon...I've known you since you were born and if you are going to tell me that you being smart and not wanting to be like your daddy means you can't show a fine girl and the people who love you how much you love them...Well, you can throw any fancy medical or other term at me but I won't accept it...You were a loving boy, Shelly...When did you get so afraid of people, even the people who love you?..."

"Everyone goes away, Meemaw...Amy's going...You and Pawpaw and Daddy went...No one stays...I know when they go they're gone..."

"Even seeing me here right now?..."

"I could be dreaming...I probably am..." Ummn... "But, please don't do what Pawpaw did to convince me...I accept that you're here..."

"That's good..." Penelope cut in...Suddenly visible a few feet away... "Say, thanks so much for taking over on short notice..." she addressed Meemaw... "I didn't want to let my turkey burn..."