"It's a Reasonably Bearable Existence..." Part VI...

Summary: The Powers That Be have had it with Sheldon...And have decided he needs a little Xmas...

Disclaimer: It's all Chuck's...But nothing for Joss Whedon on this one.

(Just a note...To learn more about Amy's rather bipolar, beautiful, and somewhat tragic sister and her Sheldon Cooper obsession, you'll want to read "Gran Mag")

Part VI...

"Shelly boy, what the devil are you doin' hoppin' round like that?..." the smiling, warm, pink-cheeked, partly bald, white-grey hair visage of Paw-Paw addressed Sheldon...Clear blue eyes fixed on him...

"I'm trying to wake myself up...I'm clearly dreaming..."

"You don't believe in me, boy?..."

"Of course not...Me Paw-Paw...My grandfather is dead...Long dead..."

"Well, you're my young Tom Edison, boy..." rub of short-sleeved shirt exposed elbows... "So, tell me...Why should you doubt the evidence?...And remember I was a lawyer, Shelly...Lets have the facts, honey..." warm smile...Leaning back in desk chair...Thumbs in suspenders...

"Facts?...To start with, my grandfather died just before Christmas, years ago...You can't be him, except as a dream or a hallucination..."

"Reasonable...Go on...Make the case..."

"You didn't walk in, you just appeared in my chair..."

"Objection...I could've climbed in the window or slipped in the door earlier when you weren't lookin'...I expect better, Shelly..." he lifted the straw hat in his ample lap up in one large hand and began fanning himself...

"All right, granted...But then you couldn't be Paw-Paw's ghost..."

"You do a study of ghosts in your science work...?"

"No..."

"Some authority tell you ghosts can't open doors or climb windows...And if so, did you verify the source, boy?..."

"Well...All the movies and TV shows..."

"Some say pigs can fly and mice and toys can talk, boy...You believe that?..." stern eyeing...

"No, of course not..."

"Then lets eliminate unvalidated sources, eh?...Facts, Sheldon...What did I always say?..."

Narrow look by Sheldon...

"Paw paw always said... 'The only way is to clear away all the chicken crap and what's left is the toad of truth...'"

"That's right, boy...Now lets review...I'm here and you can hear and see me, whatever I be...Correct?..."

"Within the parameters of this dream or fantasy..."

"One thing at a time, boy..."

"Correct..." sigh...

"I'm dead...Many years...Correct?..."

"Assuming you are Paw-Paw in some form...Correct..."

"Now that's good...I could be an imposter...But why would an imposter come into your room, boy, and sit here chattin' with you?...And what would an imposter have to gain...?"

"Well, I'm am one of the world's greatest minds...And my comic book collection is priceless to a collector...Plus my friends are given to practical jokes..."

"All right, then...You doubt me bein' your Paw Paw...Good enough...But as to this 'dream and fantasy' business?..."

"It's a logical conclusion...I'm in my bedroom after a long night...I may have gotten to sleep without realizing it...Imagining I'm seeing and talking to my dead grandpa is a likely dream scenario, especially right now...Plus I was just either dreaming or hallucinating that I saw Amy Farrah Fowler's head, first on my laptop here, then over by the door..."

"Reasonable..." nod... "Maybe there's a way we can eliminate some degree of that doubt..."

With that, the figure rose and let out a bellowing, hideous scream...

"Ahhhhh!...Save me, Jesus!..." Sheldon raced for the door...Locked and unforceable...He banged off the door in a desperate attempt to get out...

"Boy..." the figure sighed...You'll go and hurt yourself...I'm sorry to put the fear of God in you, but I haven't got much time here, Shelly..."

"Your time on this globe is very brief?..." Sheldon asked...

"Eh...I could stay long as I want but I've got work to do...Lota souls needing a good lawyer to help them face judgment, boy...And then too, I've got someone waitin' for me..."

"I know..." Sheldon, sadly...Downcast look...

"Shelly...Your Meemaw never wanted to go and leave you...But there's a time for all things...And if I'm here now, then she must be ok as well, right, boy?...Only logical, Mr. Spock...?" grin...

"Yeah...But if this is all just a dream..."

"Well, if it is...It's a good dream, exceptin' you bein' frightened out of your skin for a minute, eh?..."

"True enough, I guess..." narrow look, sigh... "Paw Paw if it is you, why'd you come to me, now?..."

"Shoot, boy...Why do you think?...They tole me my young Tom Edison grandson was having troubles...And his best shot at happiness was like to go down the crapper..." frown, followed by smile...

"Thanks, Paw Paw...But I don't know if you do anything to help..."

"Never say that, boy...Even if we lose the case, there's always the appeals process...There's always somethin', Sheldon...Now, what's this about you having female trouble?..."

"Amy...My girlfriend...I may have been a little harsh..."

"I know about her...Harsh ain't the word, son...Why would you go and hurt a nice...Maybe a bit off the curb...Girl like that?..."

"I don't know...She's always wanting to make me happy and get closer..."

"You don't like that?..."

"I don' know..." shrug... "I do sometimes...But...And now...There's..."

"So I heard..." stern look...

"I didn't mean to hurt her...Everything's happening so fast...Everyone's telling me to get on with my life...Even my best friend doesn't understand...Amy..."

"Doesn't understand...?"

"Actually, I think she does...Better than anyone...But..."

"Boy, I think you need a little help..."

"Paw Paw?...You know Mama had me tested..."

"Not quite that kind...Though frankly, boy...If you keep on pushin' the folks who love you away..."

"What kind then?..."

"Hey!..." Penny, in low cut blouse, slacks...Hair a bit unusual...Piled and bunned...

"Penny?!...How'd you get in here?...Quick!...Do you see anyone else in here?...I think I'm having hallucinations..."

"Uh, yeah...I see a nice older man in that chair..." she pointed... "How-de-do, sir?..." Paw Paw nodding pleasantly...Lil' lady...

"I guess I should explain...I'm not the Penny you know, Sheldon..." she added, hastily... "I'm Amy's...And for purposes of helping her, your...Guardian angel...Penelope Minerva Oddbody, at your service..."

"Minerva?...The goddess of wisdom?..."

"That's the one..." beam... "My father was very much fond of the classic Latins...What?..." stare...

"Now I know I'm dreaming..."