"It's a Reasonably Bearable Existence..." Part VIII...

Summary: The Powers That Be have had it with Sheldon...And have decided he needs a little Xmas...

Disclaimer: It's all Chuck's...But nothing for Joss Whedon on this one.

(Just a note...To learn more about Amy's rather bipolar, beautiful, and somewhat tragic sister and her Sheldon Cooper obsession, you'll want to read "Gran Mag")

Part VIII...

("Sheldon..." Penelope sighed at the frowning face...Sheldon looking away...

"Dr. Cooper, we had to get a move on...Things to see, places to go..."

"I still don't see why we couldn't have gone on the train to Maine..." glare...

"Sheldon, I've told you before...This is not a vacation or an amusement park ride...This for your reclamation..."

"I can't see why I couldn't be reclaimed on a train...And Amy was on it..."

Eye roll...Patience, Penelope Minerva, patience...

"Anyway, I get it...I should remember how much Amy loves me and be nicer to her...Fine...Mission accomplished, lets go home..."

"Not yet..."

Glare...

Lord, Claire, was Bailey ever this much trouble?...

"Master Cooper, do you remember what your Paw Paw did to get your attention earlier?...Well, as a guardian angel, born long before political correctness was in vogue?...I can make that look like your friend Howard's efforts to impress women before he was saved by Saint Bernadette...And I should warn you I was given license to take severe measures if necessary with you..."

Hmmn...?

Oh...

"Very well, proceed..."

"Thank you..." demure bow...Smile...

"Moving right along..."

"Excuse me, what was that about Saint Bernadette?..." )

Penny's apartment...Dinner on the table...Penny in Santa suit...Leonard decked out as a Dickensian English gentleman of the 1840s...

Howard, Raj, Bernadette...Chuckling as Leonard continued... Bernadette in reindeer outfit, complete with Clarice bow...Raj, as Jack-in-the-Box toy from "Rudolph...", Howard, in Hannukah Harry outfit (hey, ya know...There is another holiday here...)

"So, he calls Christmas a humbug..." Leonard, shaking head... "And refuses to come...Lord, he's my best friend...Male...But sometimes, I do not know how that guy manages to survive in this world..."

"I'm ready to end his existence...Today..." Penny frowned...

(See my temper is carried on in the family...Penelope thought...

Well, Joseph, I don't think it a totally bad thing...It's even saved Claire trouble with a drunken lout or two on occasion...There was this one time, a fellow was giving him some trouble...Not that he couldn't have sent the lad off minus a few teeth, mind...But when I went for him with a burning brand, the lout couldn't have left fast...

Yes, I am minding it... Dr. Cooper is still here with me, eh?...I didn't dump him in the snows of the Midwest of America...)

"...I still can't reach poor Amy...That jerk needs a good Nebraska lesson in how to treat women..." frown...

"May I?..." Bernadette beamed at Howard who gave a little shrug...Well, sure...

"In the old days Howard would now ask you if you could give an example and volunteer to be your test dummy..." she grinned...Patting Howard's arm...

"Just givin' my honey a lil' belated Chanukah gift..." smile...

"Uh-huh..." Penny stared...

"Anyway, I'm gonna go over again and try to get her to come...She must be in there..."

"I dunno...She didn't come to the door even when you pounded...Couldn't she have left to go to her mother's or other family...?" Leonard asked...

"She'd have her cell...She'd answer...No, Leonard, I'm worried...Sheldon really hurt her this time..."

"Howie could take the door off its hinges if you like...That is, if picking the lock won't work..." Bernadette suggested...

"We ought to drag Sheldon along..." Penny frowned... "But whatever we do, lets do it now...I'm really getting worried for her, Leonard...Please?..."

"But I was all set for non-religiously themed Christmas games..." Raj objected...

"Soon as we see if Amy's ok, Raj..." Leonard noted...

("Penelope...?" Sheldon, gulping... "Tell me Amy's ok...Show me Amy..."

"I can't do that right now, Sheldon..." Penelope, coolly...

"I want to see Amy...Show me Amy..."

"When it's time..."

"Now!..." he grabbed her arm...

"Piss off, laddie!..." she jerked back, throwing him back... "This isn't a video game, Sheldon...You can't turn it off when you've screwed up and avoid the pain and consequence of your acts...And I am running the tour, not you, sir..."

He stared at her, but quieted...

"Good, then...We'll continue..."

How'm I doin' Joseph?...inward grin...

Oh, come now...I didn't hurt the lad...)

En route to Amy's apartment...

("Why are we walking?...The others are driving...Driving is faster..." Sheldon, insistent...

"Because, lad...I like to walk...And we're outside normal time, don't worry...We'll get there faster than your friends..."

"Amy's alright...She has to be alright...Why can't we get there faster?..."

"Why aren't you with her already?..." Penelope glared back...

"Right then..." she nodded at his stricken face... "Lets see your Pasadena, CA on Xmas Day...")

Streets full of happy people hurrying to church or to make last food/gift purchases at the few stores open...

("Can't get use to it being so mild on the 25th..." Penelope noted... "And no snow?...Pity..."

"Fine, fine...Could we pick it up?...Say, this isn't the way to Amy's now..."

"We've a modest detour..." Penelope, quietly... "I've told you I'm directing this tour...And time is not of the essence...For, Sheldon..." stern look...

"What's done is done...There are consequences for thoughtless acts, laddie...And regret is always a dish served cold...")