"It's a Reasonably Bearable Existence..." Part VII

Rated: K - English - Humor/General - Reviews: 19 - Published: 12-09-12 - Updated: 01-02-13 id:8781588

"It's a Reasonably Bearable Existence..."

Summary: The Powers That Be have had it with Sheldon...And have decided he needs a little Xmas...

Disclaimer: It's all Chuck's...But nothing for Joss Whedon on this one.

(Just a note...To learn more about Amy's rather bipolar, beautiful, and somewhat tragic sister and her Sheldon Cooper obsession, you'll want to read "Gran Mag")

Part VII...

"So let me understand this..." Sheldon eyed the smiling Penelope standing near his desk, then Paw Paw sitting in his desk chair, still fanning himself...

"Paw Paw, you've come cause you heard I was at risk of losing my best..."

"...only..." Penelope corrected... "Just to make it clear how serious this one is, Master Professor..."

"Why, thank you..." Sheldon eyed her with a pleased nod... "I only wish our Penny had such regard for Science..."

"Don't get full of yerself, boy..." Paw Paw frowned... "I was a judge but I don't lord it over folks...And remember the lady is from an era when gentlemen addressed ladies properly..."

"Sorry, sir...Ma'am...Anyway...My chance at happiness...And you, ma'am...Have come cause you're Amy's and my guardian angel...?"

"...Acting...In your case...Which is kind of fun as I was an actress..." Penelope beamed...

"...Actress...Or 'actress' as we'd say with our Penny..."

"Boy..." Paw Paw, sternly...As Penelope frowned...

Keep your temper, keep your temper...She muttered...

("Yes, I am keeping my temper, Joseph...")

"Sorry...Ma'am..."

"She's my descendant...Directly...And it's not easy to break into acting, Dr. Cooper...Now or in my day..." Penelope, sternly... "But as I told you, I'm here to help set you on the right course..."

"Really?...I should think the 'right course' would be a good night's sleep..."

"Shelly, what is today?..." Paw Paw, leaning back, fixing him with a stare...

"Christmas Eve..."

"And why are you sittin' here alone in your room on Christmas Eve?...Aren't there friends of yours right across the way?...Aren't there folks in need like you, me, and MeeMaw used to go visitin'?...Carolers singing...Shoot, you could watch children dancing 'The Nutcracker' on TV...And your MeeMaw might be pleased to see you at church...And then there's this poor girl of yours...Who loves you with all her heart..."

"I know, Paw Paw..." Sheldon sighed... "But...I don't...I can't..."

"Sheldon...These people love you...Just as MeeMaw and I did, though the way you've been carryin' on, I could wonder why..." Paw Paw frowned... "Well...I want you to let Mrs. Oddbody here help you out...You pay attention and you mind her Shelly...And if you do, maybe...Maybe...There'll be something for you tomorrow..."

"A train?..." Sheldon beamed... "Or MeeMaw's pralines?!..."

"Ask me no questions, I plead the Fifth..." grin... "Take care, young Edison...You know we love you..." Paw Paw faded away...

"Paw Paw?..."

"He's gone, Sheldon...But he'll never be forgotten or forget you..." Penelope noted, smiling... "Now, we've a lot to do and I've my own family waiting for Christmas Eve dinner...So, milad, shall we to it?..."