➷ Guilt | Kamado Tanjirou

竈門 炭治郎

!! not romance !!

a/n: sorry that i keep writing non romance for Tanjirou but like how can anyone not want him as a big brother 😔

umm slight Muzan x reader?

reader is a demon in this oneshot

»«

"Hey hey, Y/N, you did not consume a single human, yet you got the title, isn't that a bit unfair~?" Douma leaned down, his smile never leaving his face as he poked your cheek, eyes focusing on the word '弦' engraved in your left eye.

Just like what he said, you refuse to eat human flesh, hence not in the Twelve Demon Moons, but Muzan took a liking to you, he estimated your rank would be in between Upper Moon Four and Three, so only the word '弦' is given to you.

Unlike every demon, your memories of your past is crystal clear, how could you eat humans when you were once the same? It's disgusting.

"Knock it off, she's uncomfortable" Akaza narrowed his eyes at the Upper Moon Two, standing in front of you.

You have never understood why Akaza was so protective of you, probably because you're still a child, not that you're complaining, you're really thankful for him since you didn't dare to tell Douma off yourself.

¤

Tanjirou thought his mission was over, but that thought was quickly denied when he detected a familiar scent.

A demon.

He followed the faint smell, careful not to step on any twigs to reveal his presence, he can tell, this is no ordinary demon.

Nezuko is being taken care of in the Butterfly Estate, since this isn't a serious nor big mission, Tanjirou figures that Nezuko might as well be resting instead of going with him.

He saw a figure, sitting near the cliff, their legs seem to be dangling off as their head was tilted up, the moonlight shone down on them.

You sighed, thinking it's another demon slayer, you were about to leave but then this particular scent stopped you.

It's familiar.

It was getting closer.

Tanjirou rose his sword,

You turn around,

Similar eyes met as Tanjirou halted, his eyes dropped to the hanafuda bracelet around your wrist, it was a simple string tied with a hanafuda, same as Tanjirou's earrings.

"Tan...jirou?"

You remember, you remember everything, his burgundy colored hair, his scar which seem to evolve into a mark now, the checkered haori, the hanafuda earrings, which matched yours perfectly.

"Y/N...? W-What-" Tanjirou lowered his sword and held his head with one hand, he was sure only Nezuko survived.

Right?

He widened his eyes in horror when another familiar scent came in, flicking his eyes to you, the monster he hated the most was standing right behind you.

"Muzan" Tanjirou gritted his teeth and gripped his sword.

This is bad, this is really bad. I cannot defeat Muzan alone!

Tanjirou shook off the thought and focused on you instead, he have to save you.

"Shocking, isn't it?" Muzan's sly voice boomed through the silent air.

"I was right in your house that time, when you first witness the bloodshed" Muzan caressed your cheek with the back of his hand, you clenched your fist and look down.

"How could you not notice? I was with your sister all along."

Tanjirou breath heavily as he desperately try to get his breathing even, he didn't notice you? He was panicking so much that he didn't even notice Muzan's presence? He only focuses on the fact that Nezuko's body is warm and left you?

Images of the past flood through his mind, he admit, he didn't see your body, but, your bloody hand, tied with a hanafuda bracelet-

"She was desperately trying to call you for help, but obeyed and stayed silent once I threatened to kill you if you come over"

Muzan had to admit, the look on the boy's face was amusing.

You immediately went to Tanjirou and shielded him, growling at the man in front of you, you know what he's up to.

Muzan's eyes narrowed, he could easily finish you off for disobeying him, but he doesn't quite want to kill you, you are an interesting toy to him after all.

He sighed mentally, thinking that he'll just send another Upper Moon to kill your brother.

"Come, Y/N. We're going back."

You hesitated, you have finally found your brother, and now you're losing him again?

"You have nowhere else to go, do you think the Demon Slaying Corps would take you in? A demon who have the strength close to a Upper Moon? You're a threat to them."

Tanjirou grabbed your wrist,

"No- Y/N-" his eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, Tanjirou" you took his hand in yours.

"Now that I know you're safe, I have nothing to worry now, I'm sure Nezuko is too." with teary eyes, you smiled at him.

"Please make sure she's safe"

With that, you went back into Muzan's arms.

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ɴᴏᴛᴇ -

this is so shit and idk where this is going i'm just gonna continue working on the requests now 😔