➷ Different | Uzui Tengen

宇髄 天元

Peeking in the room, you saw your husband with his three other wives, they were all talking to each other freely, they seem to be themselves.

You could never do that. You were too shy, not to mention that those three have been with him for a long time and through thick and thin, while you just became his wife not long ago.

You never really got along with those three, they're nice and welcoming, but you just can't bring yourself to blend in with them, to have fun together and gossip about the village rumors and such.

The villagers' comment made you even more insecure than you already are.

'He probably only wanted her for more heirs!'

'Totally. I can tell he doesn't love her like how he loves his other three wives. He doesn't love her at all! I'm an expert, I know these things.'

'Poor girl, if only she knew.'

'How can she not notice?'

'Bet she only wanted him for his money!'

"She's probably a whore and only wanted his body for her own pleasure too!"

'Uzui-sama's other three wives are so pretty and outgoing! Unlike her, so quiet, so rude!'

You shake your head as you ran off to the only place in your mind.

The door slide open, a familiar snake lunge at you before it was stopped.

"Y/N...what brings you here?" your fellow Pillar, a good friend of yours step aside to let you in, out of all the annoying people in his life, you are one of the exceptions.

"Obanai..." you sniffled, causing the man to stop in his tracks as he look at you, tears threaten to spill from your eyes as you look up to him.

"What happened...?"

Finally telling him everything and pouring your frustrations out, your lips turn into a pout as he just stare at you.

"Don't you have anything to say-"

"I think you shouldn't doubt his love for you." he started.

"Uzui isn't someone like that, I'm sure of it. It takes time for you to blend in with people, consider how shy you are." you stayed silent, looking down.

"And for those who talk shit, you have a sword, right? Just use it and-"

"Obanai!"

¤

Quietly sliding the door open, you let out a sigh of relief when the light in the estate were long gone, indicating that they are already asleep.

"I lost track of time..." you mumbled, glancing up at the night sky.

"Finally, you're back. Where have you been?" you flinched hearing the voice, Uzui lit the candles, lighting up the room.

He quickly went to you as he wrap a blanket around you, "It's cold outside, why are you home so late? I was worried." your heart warmed at his concern.

"...I was with a friend."

"A friend?" he ask a bit too quickly, eyebrows knitted together.

"I-It's just Obanai!" you wave your hands in front you, hearing this, Uzui calmed down. He closed the door, sat on the tatami floor before pulling you onto his lap, straddling him, your cheeks turned red.

"Next time, come back earlier, maybe don't even go out at all. I miss you." he mumbled, hiding his face in the crook of your neck.

You smiled, playing with his hair. You both stayed in comfortable silence.

"You think I don't love you?" his voice sound...different than usual. It wasn't as loud and as confident as it usually is. It was soft, and quiet. There was a tint of worry in it too.

Before you can even ask him questions, he answered,

"Even though I've retired, my crow is still very loyal to me, you know?" he gave a small laugh, breathing in your scent before lifting his head to look at you in the eye.

"I love you, you don't have to question that-"

"I know! I know you do, you say it all the time but I just—"  you swallowed the lump in your throat  "I don't think I deserve your love, I'm just...I'm so different from them, from Hinatsuru, from Makio, from Suma." you sighed, unable to face him.

Large, warm hands found their way to your cheeks as he squish them together, causing you to look at him in shock, a while grin plastered on his face.

"You're so cute, Y/N. Look at your cheeks" he continue mushing them, occasionally leaning closer to you and peck your lips.

"Stop— Tengen!" you slapped his hands off,  a laugh escaped you.

He hold your face once more, this time more gently. "That's what I want to hear." he circle his arms around you, pulling you close, letting you rest your head on his shoulder.

"Just because you're different from them doesn't mean you don't...fit in." he tightened his grip.

"Look at Hinatsuru, she's calm and gentle, unlike Makio, hot headed and...short tempered? Yea, she's kinda. Suma! She cries everyday. They're all different from each other, and I love them nonetheless." you stayed silent.

"And you," he pulled away, taking your hand in his, "Shy, quiet," he grab your cheeks, "Cute! Squishy cheeks."

"I love you as much as I love the three of them, you are with us, Y/N. We're all together." he smiled, warming your cheeks.

"Yea! How dare you come home so late, we didn't have dinner until now!" Makio scolded, startling you.

"M-Makio? When did you-"

"Y/N where were you?! I was so worried!" Suma cried, shaking you furiously.

"Dinner's ready, Y/N." Hinatsuru smiled, standing by the door.

You look back at Uzui, which he grinned widely.

"Hugs?" he asks, arms wide open.

"Hugs!" all three of them jumped at you.

"I love you," he kissed Suma's temple. "I love you," he pecked Hinatsuru's cheek. "I love you," a kiss was sent to Makio's head.

"I love you." he press his warm lips on yours.