➷ Mistake | Douma

童磨

Douma sat on his throne, bored out of his mind. Until he heared faint yelling and rush footsteps. He rose from his seat and walk out of the room, he walk through the hallways, servants greeting him and bowing deeply, he ignored as he finally reached the front door.

Sliding it open, he peep his head out, eyes darting around. There was no one.

He hummed for a while before deciding to close the door, until he saw a figure running to him, they were out of breath as they almost collapse on the ground. But regained their balance once more, desperately reaching out to him.

You got closer as his vision of you got clearer, you were holding something in your arms protectively. The scene was too familiar to him.

He stretch a arm out, welcoming you as he smiled.

"H...Help—" you let yourself fall on him as he catches your body, despite being so exhausted, your arms were tightly secured around what you're holding.

"What is the problem, my dear?" Douma asked, stroking your hair, the bruises and cuts on your face and arm cause him to wince.

He didn't get an answer as you flinched upon hearing a rough voice coming from the dark forest, he could feel you cling onto him tighter.

"You fucking whore, where the hell did you go?!" Douma's lips formed into a small 'O' shape as his eyes caught a man.

The man's forehead was bleeding, Douma's eyes went to the large rock in his hand, he assumed the damage was probably done by you. Douma chuckled in amusement.

"Is this the man that put all those bruises on you?" he ask softly, leaning down as he observed your trembling figure, your face still hiding in his chest, a hand clenching on his clothing tightly.

A small nod was all he need.

"Alright, alright." he patted your back gently, soothing you as he look at the approaching man.

"You don't have to be scared, I'm here."

"Y-You don't understand! Please get away from him! He's dangerous!—" you flinched again as the man shouted.

"Who are you? Holding my women?! You better know what you're getting yourself into!" Douma didn't bother listening the rest as he fully focuses on you, he laughed lightly.

"I said don't worry. I'm here." his voice were deep and comforting, yet it sounded so dangerous.

"I'm gonna need you to close your eyes, and if you can, block your ears, too." you stayed silent for a while before shutting your eyes tightly. Moving your hand to cover your left ear as you press the right one to his chest, strangely, there weren't any sound of heart beating, but that's the least of your concern right now.

Douma's arm wrap securely around your waist, you could still hear some faint noises, but after a few seconds, everything turned silent.

"All done, sweetheart." Douma smiled as he guided you in his estate, making sure you don't look back, not like you wanted to, anyway.