Chapter 10

Nicki's POV

I walked through the curtain into the gorilla flanked by Sasha, Ember, Zelina, and Naomi.
"Hey." I said to them as I pulled them to the side.
"I just wanted to thank the four of you for being apart of that." I said, "it's always something I've wanted to do. And I'm so glad you guys said yes." I said as I nodded my head in respect.
"If I'm being honest I didn't like you when you originally came back here." Sasha said as the other girls looked at her in fear of what she might she next, "but I really liked what we just did out there. The message we sent. The hope we gave. The hope you gave. I have a lot of respect for you McMahon." Sasha said as she pulled me into a hug.
"I feel the same way." I said as I tightened the hug.
The girls all excuses themselves and I walked out of the gorilla into the hallway and was shocked to see superstars lined up clapping as I walked out.
"What?" I asked astonished at the scene before me.
I watched as Xavier Woods walked up to me, "this is all for you. For what you just did out there. For not only me, for not only the people of color backstage, for not only the women, but for everybody in this company. You just sent a message that all the shit we've faced back here. Everything we went through with your family running this place. It's over. We're free. This company is free. And I for one can not express my gratitude for you. You just proved to everyone that change is coming and it's for the better. You being a McMahon made me unsure if you really would understand the struggle certain people back here go through. It made me unsure if you really understood the pain the women go through and the people back here that may not look the way your family wanted their champions to look like. And we all are back here to thank you. So. In saying that," Xavier said as he raised his hand in the air, "to Nicki McMahon." He said loudly as the others all roared in approval and I was left stunned. I cleared my throat and took Xaviers hand in my own.
"From one woman to a crowd full of talented superstars like yourselves. I promise that no matter what.  Nobody is going to take this company away from me and your voices will no longer be silenced! I may be a McMahon. I may have grown up with the world as my oyster. But I will never let anybody take my throne away from me. I was born to be Queen. And nobody will ever take my kingdom away from me again. And that is a promise."
I said as I wiped a small tear from the corner of my eye and watched as every superstar nodded their heads in understanding. They knew I meant every word.
"Now go get ready for tonight. Styles and Owens. You're up next. I may be emotional right now but I won't hesitate to fire your asses if this show isn't the best show we've had all year." I said jokingly as everyone laughed and walked to their locker rooms.
I am the queen. This is my kingdom. Now everyone here knows that. I just hope they know to never cross the Queen.