missing you ; chapter 3

"Princess, princess," a voice had been ringing in my head. "Hey, princess!"

  My eyes shot open as I realised it was Lucas calling out to me.

  "It's 12pm in the afternoon, Princess," he had been squatting in front of the sofa where I'd been lying on.

  "It's about Felix and Lily's lunch break soon!" I recalled.

I'd slept through a whole good 15 hours for the night? I had been confused with myself.

  But on the other hand, if I'd remembered correctly, I had been lying on his shoulder the previous night. But maybe, it had been a dream after all?

  I sighed.

  "Hey, was-"

  "I've got enough mana to go, we need to come up with a plan," Lucas said, cutting me off, not noticing what I'd said.

  "Legal," Lucas pointed to the mid-air with a monotonous tone. "Or illegal?" Saying that in an enthusiastic voice, my lips curled up.

  "What's your definition of legal and illegal, then?" I asked, giggling.

"Legal being asking Felix or Lilian to bring in the royal magician to help," said Lucas as he gave a fake bow. "Illegal being, breaking into his room and abducting him."

  I rolled my eyes. Abducting my dad would be the last thing I'd do on this earth.

  "You do know," I added. "He's way stronger than us, right?"

  "Let's go with Legal, then," Lucas shrugged. Lucas had always been a goofball- even since the first time we met when he threatened to eat Raven for his mana.

  It was a cute side if him he'd only show to me.

  "Let's stop by the palace today, then," Lucas added.

  "We can't teleport to Lily or Felix without knowing where they are, can we?"

I knew for sure it wouldn't be easy at all. To go around the palace looking for Felix and Lily and to not get caught by any guards or even Dad?

  It was Mission Impossible.

"How do we do that, exactly?"

"This way," Lucas smiled, casting a spell on me and himself as smoke surrounded us.

Looking down at myself, I'd definitely grown taller, probably older. I was wearing a plain white blouse and a long, flowing black skirt, black flats with a coat around my shoulders, my hair had been tied up into a neat bun.

But looking up scared me out of my skin. Right before me had been a tall man with crimson red hair, clad in knight's wear.

  In front of me hadn't been Lucas, it was Felix.

  "Don't freak out- It's me, I'm Lucas," he said.

  I tilted my head in confusion as he brought a mirror to my face, and then I finally understood. I was Lily and he was Felix.

  "Smart, aren't I?" Lucas held out his hand, eyes twinkling with the afternoon light. It hadn't been his body or him- but I knew for sure it was Lucas.

I couldn't help but stare for a long while.

  "The smartest," I beamed, taking his hand as he pulled me out the door.

•••

"Why," Lucas asked, raising his eyebrows as he looked back, teasing me. "Are you tired already?"