missing you ; chapter 5

Lucas hopped up from the bed, literally bouncing from his toes as he headed over to the door. I couldn't help but anxiously smile and follow suite.

"How'd my dad even know I was here? I thought he'd kill me right there and then," I asked, still completely puzzled.

"I have no idea either, maybe he'd figured you'd gone with the young magician."

I sighed.

I had to admit. I was beyond scared- I really didn't want to die, and what's more by the hands of my own father.

  "Lucas," I called out to him, catching up. "Are you nervous?"

  "W-Why would I be?" he said, flustered.

  "Because if you kill my dad, I won't talk to you again," I joked and bit my lip nervously.

  "That's not funny, Princess."

  "But, I won't ever not talk to you," I beamed, still trying my best to stay calm and positive as Lucas's face turned redder every second as he turned away.

  "O-Okay."

"Your majesty, the young magician has arrived."

Lucas kneeled before Claude, who had been lying on the same sofa he'd always sleep in.

"Let's get it over and done with, I've never met you," said Claude, not being able to see me as he was lying down. "But I've been told I trusted you."

Turning around, Lucas mouthed to me, "please, don't freak out."

I nodded frantically, impatiently sat down cross-legged on the floor.

"I'll start then, your majesty," said Lucas as he bowed, taking out a long, tree branch from his cloak.

"Please close your eyes, Sir," Lucas politely instructed.

"No."

"Pardon?"

"I cannot trust you that much, boy. Carry on without me closing my eyes," Claude said.

"It'll sting a little, then," replied Lucas.

I was curious to what he was going to do with the branch- Make Dad eat it? Smear it's magica essence onto him?

But what he did next drained my face pale.

My eyes widened, mouth agape as I felt my legs wobbling to the breeze.

Lucas stabbed the branch through Claude's head, impaling him yet- no blood found on the scene at all. The look on Dad's face had been excruciating.

I felt my vision blurring out again.

Did Lucas just kill my father?

•••

"Princess, wake up!"

I had been in my bed, feeling groggy as Lucas face was right above me.

"You idiot! I told you not to freak out," Lucas sighed, flicking his fingers against my forehead.

"How can I not freak out when you kill my father by impaling some- t-tree branch into his head?" I screamed, yet to my confusion, Lucas'd started bursting into laughter.

"I was stabilising his mana, and yours too, dummy," he explained. "His memories will be back."

I finally understood what he had been saying. It made sense to me. After all, had Lucas killed Claude, he'd be dead too from his protection spell.