in your next life ; chapter 16

A Friday like this had never felt weirder. First of all, Lucas wasn't here- and here we were, Jennette, Tae Eun, Yoona and me, butts stuck to the incredibly comfortable chairs down in the conference room.

The awkward silence was killing me and all I'd hoped for was for Mr Robane to hurry his redheaded ass down to the conference room. The door flew open- except, milky silver could be seen from the top of his head. We'd all flinched, startled a little. It was Ijekiel, not Felix.

"Ijekiel?" Jennette's soft, gentle voice could be heard through the silence. "Sorry- I must have scared you guys."

"I got sent into your group," Ijekiel raked a hand into the back of his hair. "My class was filled." Tae Eun and Yoona's expressions were hard to read, but Jennette was quietly trying to hide her delight. A soft giggle had escaped my lips as I watched her blush- I could tell right away, probably. She had a crush on Ijekiel. After all, Lucas did tell me that Jennette and Ijekiel were close since young.

Of course, Ijekiel was the prince of the school. But even so, Lucas and Ijekiel were like Ying and Yang- opposites getting along well with each other. Even so, I still fell for the lone black wolf with the ruby red eyes.

  Jennette's face was flushed as Ijekiel sat down beside her, a broad grin plastered on his face. "Oh, Athanasia," Ijekiel noticed, but a smug smirk curled his lips playfully. "Lucas told me about your little make ou-"

  "H-Hey!"

  My heart skipped a beat, face bursting into several shades of red again. And soon, everyone's attention was on me. "Athy!"

  "No way..."

  "Athy, you-" Before Yoona could finish her sentence, Felix had barged into the conference room, hair drenched in sweat as he swiped his forehead.

  "Sorry, kiddos," Felix breathed. His words were short as he panted. "My girlfr-"

  "I had to rush home to do something."

  "Pfft," a chuckle escaped my mouth. And so, I'd recalled that days ago Lily'd called me, squealing and almost, crying in happiness that at the age of 29 she'd finally gotten her first boyfriend. To be honest, I'd been hoping they'd get together from the moment the two of them introduced themselves to 5-year old me as my babysitter and tutor. "You, shh," Felix pouted, pointing to me. "Sorry, sseam."

  "I didn't know Lily was something," I teased, eyes twinkling with playfulness. "Is this a tea session, or something?" Tae Eun exclaimed, looking to me and again at Felix.

  "Okay, okay," Felix put down his laptop, starting it up as he sat down. "Let's first begin with ice breakers."

  "Ice breakers? Isn't that for during the trip, though?" I tilted my head to the side, a huge question mark popping. "Yeah, I thought so too," said Jennette.

  "Well, you guys will be organising the games," Felix squinted his eyes to look at something in his laptop. "The planning committee even gets one dorm room to themselves."

  "But that's the thing. The girls' and guys' dorms are put to have three groups' separated gender in each. While you guys, on the other hand," the words left his mouth effortlessly. "Get one whole dorm to yourself."

  "So obviously, you have to do your ice breakers before the trip."

  I couldn't help but feel a little fuzzy- all six of us, in one room, for five nights. "What do we do for the ice breakers, then?" Tae Eun's inquire shot Felix's eyes up. "That's the thing!"

  "You guys will have to plan it, and do it. And do the same for your participants," he shot back. I could hear the echos of our sighs ringing through the hallways, but it did seem fun, after all. "Never have I ever?" I suggested.