in your next life ; chapter 8

WARNING: this chapter is mostly filled with text messages, please forgive me! PS: i made some random OCs! i actly used a random name generator pls don't flame me!!

LUCAS POV ( Third Person )

"Me?"

Athanasia wielded a puzzled face, tilting her head to the side. "Why me?"

"I'd like to know that too," Lucas mumbled. "Why you?" It could have been someone else- a completely different person of the sea of faces, but why Athy?

"Maybe it's fate, maybe that's why we're friends," Athanasia looked up to the hues of yellowish-orange in the sky, the sun making it's why down the horizon. "Maybe it's from a past life, or something. Maybe we're special like those people."

"Like Who Made Me A Princess, being fully aware of your past life."

"But, even if it's not," Athanasia added. "I would have made friends with you anyway."

Lucas could feel his face heating up, his heart leaping from her words. The twinkle in Athy's eyes seemed endless- like a ray of sunshine.

"I-I would have too."

It wasn't every day Lucas and Athy got to talk about serious stuff. Wasn't every day they'd go into their deep conversations which weren't about what to get for lunch the next day. And of course, he treasured every second- every minute.

•••

"You're home, Lucas," beamed his mother as she placed the last plate rice down onto the checkered patterned mat lying on the table.

"How was school?"

The house wasn't as lively. After all, Lucas's father took his grandparents out for a trip to Jeju Island.

"Great," he lied. In all honesty, no day in school had ever been great for him.

  Lucas couldn't help but feel a little guilty at the thought of his family. Surely, there were loving- caring, an amazing family but yet, distant from Lucas's change in personality once he'd entered high school.

  They lost their happy little boy- their playful, goofy Lucas.

  "Ding."

  Lucas looked to his phone, finding a message from Athanasia on his kakao.

>> i'm craving cake, lucas....
>> can we please, get cake tomorrow? o(﹏╥)o
>> or
>> i'LL HATE
>> yOU FOREVER!!!1!1!1!!

  Lucas sighed, a soft smile curling his lips as his facial muscles seemed to relax. He found it cute how she could just text him- any time of the day just to complain about her cravings.

hmm... depends <<
who's paying? <<

>> pffff
>> obviously,,
>> you >;3

find someone else, then ;) <<

>> fine, fine! we'll pay for our own.

that's more like it <<

>> you're real mean, Lucas >:(