Chapter 5

"What?" Ryuhei asks while narrowing his eyes.

"A-Are the people at this place as strong as you?" She asks while still walking towards him, ignoring the pain from her shoulder.

Ryuhei frowned, not understanding why she is asking something like this. Well if 'she' is who he think she is, then he has some idea as to why would she ask that.

"...I don't know, but I did encounter some people who put up a fight much more than you." Ryuhei answered.

"I see. I have a favor to ask." She said.

"Favor? Not interested." Ryuhei said, causing the woman to look down. "I'm an assassin for hire, a mercenary if you would, if you want something from me, I nead you to pay me."

The woman quickly look up hearing that, she stared at Ryuhei before saying, "Then, I will hire you, I will pay no matter how much you want."

"Sure. Tell me what do I have to do."

The woman pointed towards the silhouette of the large tree that Ryuhei once saw before. "I want you to accompany me until that tree bore fruit, you need to be my protector, and bodyguard."

Ryuhei thought for a moment before agreeing. "Sure, I'll accept this mission. By the way, the name's Ryuhei Minamoto, can I know the name of the one who hire me?"

"Kaguya Otsusuki."

'I know it. So she is really that woman. So this world is still a millennia before the plot begins.'

"Very well, I shall accompany you until that tree bore fruit."

-----------------------

A day later, Ryuhei is currently resting on a branch of a tree while Kaguya is sitting down below, staring at the stars at the night sky.

She shifted her gaze towards Ryuhei who has his eyes close, however she knew that even with that, he can still feel his surroundings.

"Ryuhei." She said.

"What is it?" Ryuhei replied, eyes still closed.

"What is this world like?" She asks while looking at his face.

Ryuhei opened one of his eyes and look at her before closing it once again. "Hmm, let's see, just like any other world, this place is at war. Almost everyday fighting and killing is the norm."

Hearing that, Kaguya looks down and felt a bit sad. Even at this world, a world where there are no supernatural abilities like her clan, peace is still far from reach.

"Why? Why can't everyone just stop this war and achieve peace? Why are people always fighting and killing for meaningless reason?"

Ryuhei opened his eyes and look towards Kaguya, who is currently watching the sky with teary eyes. He sighed as he went down and sat beside her.

"You know, war isn't something that cannot exist, it is needed for people to develop, if there is no war, how could there be peace? People will only truly value peace once they experience war."

Kaguya looks at him with confused expression before saying. "Why is development needed? If war is needed for people to develop, then isn't it okay to just stagnate for peace?"

Ryuhei sighed, "Preventing an evolution or development is impossible, if you try to stop it, the world will merely make a scenario like annihilation of an entire race just so people will continue to evolve."

(AN: I know, its bullshit, who cares?)

"Is there really, no other way for the world to have peace without any war?"

"There is. Just gain a godlike strength to control the entire world, then no one will oppose you, you can stop the war by force, though you will also be the one who needs to face all calamity that the world will bring."

"Godlike strength huh." Kaguya muttered as she look towards the silhouette of the large tree, the Shinju Tree.