Chapter 8

Kaguya was running towards the Shinju tree, her heart was broken when the man who she started to like betrayed her without any second thoughts.

She remembered the words of her bodyguard, about how she shouldn't become close with that man, but she ignore his warnings and even yelled at him and say those words to him.

She wanted to quickly apologize after saying those but she froze when she heard Ryuhei say that he is leaving and he immediately disappeared in her sight.

She doesn't know why, but she felt a large piece of her missing when Ryuhei left but just shrugged it off.

Now, when that man betrayed her, she finally regretted the fact that she didn't listen to Ryuhei, right now, she is actually thinking about him, praying that he is here to save her.

"Fire!"

She heard someone shouting behind her as she increased her speed, but it didn't do shit as an arrow still hit her on the shoulder, making her fall to the ground.

The soldiers then approached her with swords in hand, and Kaguya stood up as she tried to run again, only to fall.

She faced the soldiers and the first person that came to her view is the man who she started to like and the ruler who wanted to take her.

"Why?" She asks, her voice filled with hurt and agony, just a single word yet held a lot of meaning, it held a lot of feelings and emotions.

The man did not answer while the ruler of That just replied to her that she is a demon, having witness the her ability to cause anyone to fall asleep, or to repel them just with a glance.

The ruler of the land of ancestors did not even deny that claim and just stared at her.

She was full of despair seeing that as she accepted her inevitable death. She just regretted that she didn't listen to Ryuhei before, maybe this whole thing can still be avoided.

However, it was already too late, she already pushed him away, she cannot turn back the time and change her actions so she just gave up.

However, in her mind, she is full of hatred, she hated these species called humans, Ryuhei was right, the only way to end the evilness of the world is by acquiring the power comparable to a god.

'Ryuhei, I'm sorry.'

She saw a sword about to cut her head, so she closed her eyes and waited for her death, she just hope that she could've at least apologize to Ryuhei, that she could've at least made up with him.

However, she thought about Ryuhei, she didn't know why, but she felt that she shouldn't die yet, so with all of the strength she can muster, she narrowly dodge the blade.

She even managed to stand up and run, as soldiers began chasing her.

'Why? Why do I want to keep on resisting? Why didn't I just give up and end this pain? Just why?' She thought to herself. Unconsciously, her hands drifted off to her belly as realization struck her.

'That's right! It's not only my life that will end if I die here! My child too! Our child will die too! I need to survive! I still need to take care of them!'

She heard as whistling sound, making her turn around, only to see an arrow about to hit her straight in the head.