chapter 6 ♣ The Realization

Boston

“what went wrong? I thought we were supposed to sail today?” Zurich asked his best friend Raymon
“there has been a little delay Zurich, and we won’t be able to travel for another couple of weeks” Raymon answered with an apologetic smile

"What exactly has brought about the delay then my friend, cause I can assure you, Marilyn will not be pleased."

"We’ve found a little default in the ship that needs urgent care, to prevent complete damage of  the ship"
“okay then” Zurich said resignedly "tell the others that we’ll sail in exactly 3 weeks time."

……………………………………………………………………………

UK

"How long has she been missing?" sheriff Daniels asked
"for about a week now. I really don’t think she would have gone anywhere without informing us." Lionel said to his good old friend Jeremy Daniels
“And you’re just reporting this now? Lionel for crying out loud, that girl’s my daughter! You know she’s my favourite among all your daughters, and you so carelessly treat her case like this? If you weren’t my good friend, I would have whipped you properly” Jeremy said reprimandingly.

“I know, I’m sorry. I thought she had gone off on a short enjoyment cruise with Zachary knight, Malinda’s first son, seeing their instant attraction to each other when they first met, and she had even gone to see him that morning. 3 days after, we called Malinda to ask the whereabouts of her son and my daughter, and she proclaimed she hadn’t seen them too. We decided to then wait a few days before we come to see you, and here I am now."
*Sighs* “okay then. Have you asked his employees whether they had seen zach go anywhere?"
“yes I did. They all claimed that Eve never came there that morning and that Zach finished for the day and left, but that’s strange because Eve specifically told me she was going to meet Zachary that morning, and I can assure you, she doesn’t make it a habit of lying."

“oh I know that. I’ve known the girl since she was in diapers. Do you think the employees were lying?"

“Oh you’d be surprised at what I really think. I think good, old Mal is trying to play matchmaker between her son and my daughter. She told it to my face. So likely, I don’t know how, but she must have found a way to get Zach and Eve sailing on a boat alone and warned the employees to keep quiet about it. But she doesn’t want to attest to it  and tell me that was what she did. Every time I asked her, she’d just smile. I mean, that would mean Eve and Zach aren’t really missing, but as a father, I am worried for my daughter. How are they faring out there in the sea all alone? Are they comfortable? Do they have food to eat? Clothes to wear? Do they feel cold at night?"

“Don’t worry Linoel. I could send a ship to see if they’re out there and then rescue them, but that could take weeks.  To assemble a ship and provide the basic necessities for the trip, to look for capable men who are willing to go, that could take a minimum of 3-4 weeks.  To go sailing is not an easy task coupled with the slow speed of the ship."

“so I won’t see my daughter for another month or so?" Lionel asked, with tears already pooling in his eyes.  He felt guilty and utterly responsible. He felt as if he had  not acted like a real father would, in this situation.  He was the one that had pushed his daughter to go for a good story.  He was the one that had put her in harm’s way and in the process, had denied his uttermost duty to her, which was to protect her.
………………………………………………………………………………………

Eve/Zach

Zach, laid comfortably on the bed, was staring at Eve, as she slowly tied the rope of her bikini around her neck with her back facing him
Red hot desire flowed through him and to his nether head, which was proudly standing at attention, just looking at her naked back. That had been a constant this past week, that he was honestly not surprised when it had proudly stood at attention  again, fully erected, hardened and damn painful and he honestly couldn’t remember how many times he had taken a cold shower this week.