chapter 9 ♣ The Beginning Of The End

Eve slowly woke up, groggily, she sat up, only to see zach staring at her.

"Hello princess"

"Hy Zach, good morning"

"Good morning to you too. We made love last night, are you having any regrests?"

"None at all" Eve said smiling
"I actually feel wonderful. Last night was amazing."

"Thanks. But there is a slight problem"

"what is it?" She asked alarmed

"we didn't use a condom last night, so right now, you could very well be carrying my child"

And somehow, that thought pleased her

"Don't worry zach, I'm on birth control" it was a lie

"thank God. Now that we have that settled, what do we do today? We could start arranging the room, bathe, go and eat, then go choose something to wear, or we could just lie in bed and have endless hours of love making" Zach said teasingly

"Hmm I choose the latter"

"So do I "

And they made good on their promise.

This morning, he had woken up very early and had watched her sleep. Her eyes softly closed, her chest slowly rising up and then going back down, her soft snore, She looked so peaceful and tranquil and he had realized that he wanted to wake up with her by his side every morning. He wanted to watch her go to sleep every night in his arms. He wanted to come home every day, into the arms of his angel-like pregnant wife. One day.

3 WEEKS LATER

"We have already managed to gather up some men that are willing and able to go on this trip Malinda, and also all the necessities we need and nothing you can say is going to stop us from going. If you don't care about your son, I care about my daughter." Lionel said stubbornly.

"fine! I do admit to going out of my way to making them stranded on that ship for over a month now, but I can assure you they're safe there and don't need any rescuing. They just need more time alone, give me 2 weeks Lionel. Just 2 more weeks and then I can allow you to go rescue our children. They're good together. Happy together right now and they don't need you or anyone destroying that or allowing them face reality again. And you and I know that Yvonne is not only your daughter. She's my daughter too. She's practically everyone's daughter in this community. we all helped raise her. I too, am also worried about her and my son but I can assure you, they're okay. I made sure of that"

"How can you, a mother as you say, leave your kids purposely in the middle of nowhere for over 3 weeks?! Yvonne doesn't even know how to cook for crying out loud, how is she going to cope out there for another 2 weeks? She's never been on a ship before, what if she's getting seasick right now? Or claustrophobic for staying in one place for a long time? What if she gets the flu and they don't have any medication out there? Are you even concerned about the health of our children? I'm not waiting 2 more weeks to go rescue my child Mal. We're going today!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boston

They had finally left Boston for UK last week and not because of Marilyn's constant bickering, but because there had been trouble in paradise.

Zachary's greatest business rival Ranko Dominov had raised up a ruse and threw several allegations against the knight's industries that was capable of making the whole knight's industry go into penury or worse bankruptcy, or even close down. That was why he had made every effort to ensure that their ship went sailing. They badly needed Zach back at Boston and they needed him now!