Chapter 1.1 ♣ Pool Party

AUTHOR 'S NOTE:
I want to thank you all for checking out this book

Including my "Taming Kate" readers who are also here

Please be very free to say anything you like. maybe something you don't like about a chapter, or probably something you really love about it or anything. With that said, I welcome you into the world of my dreams.........

~~~~~~~~~~♣~~~~~~~~~~♣~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♣

••• ~♦||•♦•||♦~•••

He watched her as she slowly dunk into the pool and started swimming. Sure! There were other girls present at the pool party but his eyes had only caught hers from the window of his room.

His mother had decided to throw a welcome home party for him for finally coming back home after five years. His father had died five years ago, leaving the family company in His name. KNIGHT INDUSTRY. A company that dealt mainly in shipping of all kinds of cargoes and selling at wholesale, making deals, shipping both in and out of the country, they even had a submarine base underwater, while their major headquarters was in Boston. Sure they had other branches but the one in Boston was the biggest, infact, that was why his mother Melinda decided to throw a pool party because he felt more at home, more in his element with water. He was the first born and had a younger brother Fred and a younger sister Ahsa.

A long time ago, he had made a promise to never come back home. Coming back home was very painful. He had been very close to his father, always following in his footstep and considered him a role model. They had an unbreakable bond and his father had died in his arms, in this same house from a chronic heart disease. The house held both good, bad and very bad memories that he couldn't bear, but His family had pleaded with him, sincerely and fervently pleaded with him to come back home for at least a year, after being away for so long. After so much pressure, he had finally agreed. He had informed his board that he was going for a one year vacation and was going to be doing any business from home.

He was supposed to be downstairs, socializing but he preferred the view from up here in His room.

He gaze finally refocused on the strange girl again who was already coming out from the pool in a red bikini. She had reddish blonde, beautiful, golden hair and sky blue eyes. She could easily be classified as beautiful, really beautiful actually. She had a great shape. Wide hip, very firm stomach and medium sized breasts. It was obvious that she worked out.

Maybe his one year in Boston wouldn't be so boring after all, Zachary thought as he saw the girl smile at what someone said, with her pearl white teeth putting the stars to shame. No one said he couldn't have a fling or two while he was here. After all, everyone knew that Zachary Knight was no saint.

"Whoah! He's so handsome!!" Someone murmured in the crowed sighing deeply while the rest cheered and clapped as he finally came down stairs.

Melinda Knight had not only planned this as a welcome home party but had secretly hoped her son would find someone he was interested in. He was already thirty and growing older. She wanted a grand child for Christ's sake! Oh! She trust he had flings. Knew he had flings actually but what he needed was a wife! A rich, well-bred, beautiful, kind, lovely and interesting girl was what he needed and she was determined to give him that, let him have that, and maybe, just maybe, the girl might be able to convince him to stay.

'Hy mom" Zach said as he bent down and kissed her cheek.

"Goodness me! Zachary! What took you so long? Where you planning on Sleeping in your room?'

"No. ma'am. Sorry for keeping you waiting." He said grinning unrepentantly

"Come along let me introduce you to some of my business associates"

"Alright" Zach said smiling resignedly, knowing he couldn't get out of this.

His eyes were roaming the crowd now. Looking for the strange girl that caught His attention and was a little bit disappointed when he didn't see her. He had sincerely wanted to ask for her number and maybe get to know her better for a few weeks. Heck! He knew what he really wanted to do and it sure as hell wasn't to get to know her. Desire. That was the first thing he'd felt overwhelmingly when he had seen her. Need, want, followed right suite and now, he couldn't get her out of his head!

Yvonne had been forced to come for The pool party by her father, Lionel fitzman. The richest newspaper tycoon in the whole of UK. She worked for her father in "The Fitzman" though she wasn't going to be the one inheriting the company. She had 3 other sisters. Kate, the first and sole inheritor of THE FITZMAN, Winifred and Vivienne

"There just might be a good story you can find here that will likely hit front page. Everybody is interested in Mr Zachary Knight." Hmmm.... So that was his name, she thought

"If you can just get a story from him about how he spent the last five years, we could achieve in a day what we haven't achieved in a year. So please Eve, I'm begging you. I don't care what method you want to use, what method you have to use to get that story, but get it. charm him, seduce him, ease him up until he spills his gut out. Now let's go introduce ourselves to them"

Eve didn't say anything throughout her Father's bantering. She had just finished swimming and was still in her bikini but with a transparent white cloth wrapped firmly around her waist.

"Hey Lionel. Good to see you again and your lovely daughter as well. Vivienne isn't it?" Melinda said when she spotted the Fitzman

"No ma'am. That'd be my younger sister. I'm Yvonne but like I usually say, you can call me Eve"

"Oh, Haha! I never could tell apart from the four of you girls. Your faces are so alike that I keep on missing your names even up till now"

"Its okay" Yvonne said smiling

"I see you're still as beautiful as always. I'd like you to meet my first son Zachary Knight"

And that's when she got her first real glimpse of him and men was he hot

He was absolutely jaw dropping. Strikingly handsome that for a moment, she forgot to breathe!

"Hy. I'm Zach" he said stating the obvious

"I'm Yvonne" she replied. They then shook hands and he slowly brought Her hand up to his lips. Kissing it. Letting it linger there without either of them breaking eye contact and a very strong jolt shook her to her very core and all the time, Melinda was watching this. She could see the attraction in Zach's eyes and the equal fascination in Eve's eyes and the wheels were already turning in her head. Yvonne was the perfect woman for her son and she was damned going to make sure that they ended up together if it was the last thing she did. And she knew the best way to trap and draw a Fitzman, owners of one of the best newspapers publishing companies in the world, was with a good story.