Chapter 11 ♣ Truths Laid Bare

They had finally set sail. Christ! That woman was devilish. He couldn’t believe she drugged them. They had all been weak and fitfully sleeping for almost a week now! He didn’t believe for one minute, that Malinda was a hundred percent mentally sane anymore.  No wonder her husband had died an early death, and Lionel swore to himself that, none of his children were ever going to go near a knight again.  Not for a good story, or for anything. They were simply too dangerous.

……………………………………….

“Marilyn, we need to talk" Zach said, entering Marilyn's room and locking the door.

Eve’s heart broke in two.  Stupid girl do your think he was going to still share a room with you when he had a fiancée? He’s no doubt, about to make love to her right now, having missed her for so long.  Didn’t you hear the click of the door? Eve's heart felt like it was shredding into a million pieces.

Why in the world had she allowed herself to fall for him? Why had she thought there was a slim possibility he would love her back? Now she was the one left heartbroken and distressed.

Zurich showed her to her room and before he left, he said
“you love Zach don’t you?"

“yes I do”

*sighs* “I really don’t know what to say, except that I am sorry that you won’t be with the person you love. I know exactly how that feels like.  That heart shattering pain that no matter how hard you try to, you cannot cure" I know first hand what that feels like. I lost someone I loved too."

“It’s okay. He wasn’t meant to be mine in the first place."

……………………………………………….

“What do you mean we need to talk?     You’re just seeing me for the first time in over five weeks and you don’t even say Hi, welcome back, or I missed you, but we need to talk? Are you….."

"Shut up! Marilyn!!! just shut your damn mouth up!!!"

“Fine! What do we need to talk about?"

“I can't do this anymore. It’s no use leading the both of us on.  My heart belongs to another person now. I want to break up with you."

And she gave him a slap.  A very clean slap, then another, and another, till Zach finally held her down.

"I’m sorry Marilyn, I really am, but you and I both know that this relationship was not really working. We both know it wasn’t going to last long."

"who is she?"

"I was stranded in that boat for 5 weeks with her and I fell in love with her."

"Did you sleep with her?"

"Marilyn…"

"I am asking you Zach, did you fucking sleep with the bitch? You owe me an answer"

“yes I did, and I’m sorry, but I’m not the least bit sorry for sleeping with her and you know why? because I enjoyed every minute of it”

"You were engaged to someone and you slept with another?" Marilyn asked, shocked

"Sounds like someone I known doesn’t it?" He mocked

"It doesn’t even matter. You and I both know you still won’t be able to have her anyway. You live in Boston and she lives in U.K. you couldn’t be more different. You fell in love with a girl that lives in the one place you hate the most in the world"

……………………………………………………………

2 weeks later