Chapter 2 ~ The Inconvenience

Your POV
AAAAAAAAAAA.
AAAAAAAAAAA.
IM FREAKING OUTTTT.
I have never been that confident! I need to tell Tori about today. I asked for her number.. only for the party though. No other reason :). I am walking down the hallway to my class and I see that I have DT. I walk into the classroom and I see Gray! At least we have one class together. He was with this other guy though.. called Aaron. He is the biggest F boy in the school. I didn't want to go near him so I walked past and sat by myself. I was playing with my pencil while the teacher was taking the register. I finally hear my name. About time.

Teacher: Y/N?

Me: here.

As soon as Mrs Jenny said my name, I see Grayson stop his convo with Aaron and looks around. He scans the room and once he looks at me , he smiled. I smiled back and I couldn't hold back my blush. I was lost in my thoughts as I got interrupted by Mrs Jenny.

Teacher: Vanessa Merrell?

Nessa: yeah. (Sniffle)

NESSA IS IN MY CLASS!? OKAY THEN! And why did it seem like she is crying? Is she okay? I look around the room trying to find her, just like Gray did, and I see her in the corner with her mascara smudged all over her face. It broke my heart looking at her cry like that. I look at her with a worried face. Why was she crying? She was fine like 5 minutes ago! Is it me? Did I do something?

Mrs Jenny: get into pairs please.

I immediately go to Nessa but I got stopped by Aaron. Aaron Burriss. The biggest player.

Me: What do you want Burriss. (I showed no emotion)

Aaron: do you wanna be partners? (Winks)

Me: hmmm (put my hand on my chin) no.

I try to walk to Nessa but he stops me again.

Me: oh my god.. Burriss I'm gonna slap y-

Oh.. it was Gray. He looked so confused.

Gray: did Aaron do something to you? (He clenched his jaw)

Me: ohh.. no he just asked me to be partners and I didn't want to be his partner.

Gray: oh okay. But if he ever bothers you.. just tell me and I'll speak to him and tell him not to bother you again.

Me: thanks Gray (I smile weakly)

Gray: sooo do you want to be partners with me? (He asks awkwardly)

Me: uh.. I kind of want to be with someone else I'm sorry.

Gray: oh that's okay.. who?

Me: Nessa. (I whispered underneath my breath)

Gray: oh okay. I'll see you around. (Starts to walk off but stops and turns back to me) By the way... are you gonna go to the Party today?

Me: like Jeremy's house? (He nods) I'll think about it.

Gray: can I have your number. Please? (He pouts and does puppy eyes)

Me: yeah sure. (Gives the number) bye bye now.

Gray: byeee Y/N