Chapter 7 ~ The Football Game ⚽️

End of the day

School finally ends and I make my way down to the PE changing room to get ready for the game. I was walking down as I hear someone call my name. It was Nessa!

Vanessa: heyyyyy y/n

Me: hey! What you doing?

Vanessa: going to the changing room.. duh.

Me: wait- why?

Vanessa: you didn't know? I'm in the cheer squad and I got chosen for the squad today. Mrs Green gave me the uniform.

Me: oh wow that awesome! Let's go before we get there late.

Vanessa: that is a greattt idea.

We walk together to the changing room and once we get there, we enter and we see the football team and cheer team change. Nessa and I go to the empty space in the corner of the room. We leave our bags and start to change. I take out everything from my bag and leave it to the side. I hear Vanessa speak.

Vanessa: hey can you help me?

Me: uh- yeah sure. What is it? (I leave all of my things and I look at nessa. She had her top of the cheer outfit on which was a crop top.)

Vanessa: rip it for me? I can't reach. (She laughs)

Me: sure. (I look at her and rip up her top)

Vanessa: thanks! You need to hurry because it starts in 20 mins!

Me: I- i dont want to change here..

Vanessa: why not? What's wrong. (She holds my shoulders)

Me: I'm- oh it's nothing. I'll just quickly go to the bathroom. (I start to walk off but she held my hand)

Vanessa: come on... you can tell me. (Hold both of my hands)

Me: I- I'm insecure..

Vanessa looks at me with sympathy.

Vanessa: I'm going to help you get over this. I'll stand in my corner not looking and I'll keep a look out of people come. Okay? You have to get over this. In the nicest way possible.

Me: but-

Nessa: no buts y/n come on no one will even look. (She comes to me and whispers in my ear) but maybe I will.

I blush. What is she trying to do?

Me: fine. I'll change here.

Vanessa: hurry. 15 mins.

I put on my football stuff on and I see nessa looking back a me.

Me: yes? (I put my shorts on)

Vanessa: nothing. (She smirks and looks back)

I finally finished changing and I hug nessa from behind. Because she helped me with this.. even though she looked but. She is only a friend.. she was tense.

Me: relax.. it's me. (She turns around) he- hey. (I stutter) Thanks for doing that. I always change in the bathroom. But I realised I need to be normal.

Vanessa: there is no such thing as normal...I love you y/n. (She hugs me tightly)

Vanessa jo Merrell said I love you to me.

Me: I love you too Ness. (We pull away from the hug)

Vanessa: okay! Let's go and win this game! Well I will cheer but you will score!

We exit the changing room and head over to the pitches. Here we go. I go onto the pitch and started kicking the ball to practise and I see coach trying to get us all in a huddle to talk about what position we will be playing.

I was in the middle. My favourite.

We get into our positions and the referee blows the whistle meaning it's kick off and the game is about to start. North high for the kickoff. I look around the stands and I see loads of people watching. Wow this is my dream (it really is 🥺) I saw Kian, Grayson, Aaron, Alex and Roni on the stands cheering our school. I smile at them and Kian blows kisses to me. I couldn't help but blush. I hear cheerleading happening so I look over and I see Nessa. She's so beautiful... in a friendly way.. I hope. She looks at me and smiles and I smile back. My thoughts stop as soon as I hear the kick off whistle go. Come on!
-
Vanessa: y/n, you did amazing! (she said while hugging me tightly)

I scored 2 goals! The score was 3-1 to us! Nessa's cheering definitely helped. She was being so supportive. We let go of the hug and I reply with a thanks as I smile at her. We exit the changing room as we see the squad waiting for us. They all congratulate us but my eyes landed on kian. I smile and run up to him and give him a hug. When we pulled away from the hug he looked at me and leaned in. So did I. Our lips met once again. His soft lips. We pull away and I turn to the others still taking but nessa is looking at the ground. Kian put his arm around me and smiles at me. Awwwhh his dimples! I smile back like an idiot to him and kiss his cheek. We all went out of the school and went to our cars. Kian and I were holding hands as nessa was behind us on her phone but I could just feel her staring at me. then I realise... ITS FRIDAY. I can just relax the whole weekend. This is what I needed.

Aaron: hey everyone, (everyone is looking at him) let's all hang out at mine and Alex's place. It's Friday so if you guys want to come round you can.

Roni: ooo, please nessa can we go! (Roni begged nessa like a little kid)

Nessa: (she looks at me) will you be going?

I look at Kian

Me: (to Kian) will you come with me?

Kian: of course. (He smiles and kisses my cheek)

Me: (to nessa) yup! I'm coming. (I smile)

Nessa: okaayyy I guess we can go Roni. (She tells her and Roni squeals and kisses her twin sisters cheek)

I Chuckle and walk back with Kian to his car.

Kian: you know you are beautiful right? (He said looking right into my eyes. I blush hard)

Me: yeah.. (I mumble and I can't help but smile)

Kian: you'reeee shyyy (he chuckles)

Me: noooooo. (I whine back)

Kian: alright come on, we should leave now so we can get to Aaron's place on time. (He laughs and runs to the passenger side of the car and opens it for me) here you are baby. (He smiles and kisses my cheek. We get in and drive to Aaron's and Alex's place)

Why do I have a feeling that something will happen there... nah. It's just my imagination. Nothing will happen.

IM SORRRYYYYYYYY FOR NOT POSTING THAT OFTENNNN :( I PROMISE I WILL POST MORE ITS JUST I HAVE TO PICK MY GSCE AND STUDY FOR END OF UNIT TESTS BUT I HAVE A HALF TERM COMING UP SO THERE WILL BE MORE CHAPTERS :) I LOVE YOU GUYS! THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT! ❤️❤️

Also is there any other people you want in this story? Cuz I was thinking.. Lauren Jauregui 🙃 do you want her in the book? If not who? :) I'll see ya :)

Be YOUnique 💕