CHAPTER EIGHT

A/N: Skip to the next chapter, which is chapter seven, and then come back to this one. :)

Kylo's POV:

Standing there, is General Hux.

Rey breaks out of my hold and stands awkwardly beside me.

Hux is looking at us with a look of shock mixed with disgust and anger.

He storms towards us and stops right in front of me.

"And what, may I ask, is going on here?" He sneers out. 

I roll my eyes and play it off.

"Hux calm down.  Rey and I were training, that is, until you decided to interrupt us.  I told you to leave me alone for the morning so what are you doing here?"

"Oh you think you're going to get out of it so easily?  I'm not an idiot Ren!  And if you'd like to know what's so important, well some of the galaxy's leading officials have all decided to stop by."

That caught my attention. 

"What do you mean they've decided to stop by?" I glare at Hux.

"Well now that you're Supreme Leader they'd like to talk to you about a few things.  They'll be arriving tomorrow so I suggest you get yourself together and stop spending so much time with this desert scum."

Anger floods my mind at hearing Hux call Rey desert scum.

I reach my hand out and begin to choke Hux. 

"Never call her that again," I say in a low and menacing voice.  "Or they will be the last words that ever come from that despicable mouth of yours."

I feel a weight on my shoulder and glance over to see Rey's hand there.  I see her face and notice that there's a pleading in her eyes.  I can tell she wants me to cease my hold on Hux.

Kind and selfless. 

Those are words that easily define Rey. 

Even though Hux insulted her and I'm trying to teach him a lesson, she still wants me to do the nice thing.

Deep down I really hope that she keeps those qualities that make her her.  I also know though that those are things not found within the Dark Side and that once she finally joins me, she won't be the same Rey.

I emerge from my thoughts to find a scared Rey and a purple faced Hux.  (Thanos anyone?)  His desperate attempts of clawing at his throat have slowed down and I know he's seconds away from death.

It's amazing how he hasn't passed out yet.

I release my hold on his throat and he collapses to the ground, trying desperately to catch his breath.

Rey lets out a breath of relief and carefully removes her hand from my shoulder.  I wanted it to stay there though.

Hux finally gets himself together and stands back up to face us.

"You have ten minutes Ren."

With that said Hux leaves and it's just Rey and I again.

"Well, uh, I guess you better attend to whatever was putting him in a bad mood," Rey says and gives me an awkward smile.

"Yeah, I suppose I should," I respond and can't help the slight smile that appears on my face.  "I'll escort you back to your room."

"If it's alright with you I'd like to stay here and train more for a little while," Rey says shyly.