CHAPTER TEN

Finn's POV:

It's been a few days since the battle of Crait, but it feels like a lifetime ago.

The Resistance has been recovering, hidden among the dunes of a planet called Tatooine.

I've been worried out of my mind about Rey.  Who knows what the First Order could be doing to her.

She might not even be alive.

I immediately wipe that thought from my head.  Of course she's alive.  Rey is the strongest person I know.

"Hey man, you okay?" a voice I recognize says from behind me.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I turn around to face Poe.

"No you're not," he says, walking up to me and placing a hand on my shoulder.  "You're worried about her aren't you?"

"Yeah." I mumble out.

"I haven't met her yet, but from what I've heard and from what I've seen, she seems like someone who could take down the First Order herself.  She's probably coming up with an escape plan as we speak."

"Yeah, I'm sure you're right." I say with some renewed hope.

A comfortable silence settles around Poe and I.  We both look out into the sky as the two suns of Tatooine set.  It's a beautiful sight for an otherwise dull planet.

A new voice interrupts the tranquil moment.

"We've found them!  We've found the location of the Jedi girl and Kylo Ren!"

Poe and I turn around so fast, we nearly knock each other over.

Standing there, is a woman who's clearly out of breath from running and shouting.

"Where are they?" I say a bit impatiently.

"They are located on Mustafar.  General Organa has gotten in contact with some old allies of the Rebels and they have agreed to help us.  We won't be all alone this time.  We're going to get the Jedi girl back and deliver a hit to the First Order.  We leave at dawn to meet up with the allies."

The woman, whose name I have no idea of, leaves and it's just Poe and I again.

I can't help but smile at the fact that we're gonna get Rey back.  She's been in the First Order's clutches for far too long.

"You ready?" I'm jammed from my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You ready?" Poe asks again.  "We better go in and get some rest.  Gotta be in tip top shape for when we take on the First Order."

"Yeah, let's go." Poe and I get up and walk back inside the hidden base.

"I'm getting Rey back, I'm getting Rey back, I'm getting Rey back." my thoughts scream.

Poe and I arrive at our makeshift room.  The base is way too small for all of us to get our own rooms, even though there aren't many of us Resistance fighters left, so we've all paired up with some people.

Poe and I share ours with two other people.

The beds are just old pieces of scrap metal from broken ships, covered with dozens of old and dusty blankets left behind by whoever's place this used to belong to.

The cool, night winds of Tatooine blow inside from a hole in the wall.  All those blankets will be useful.

It's not the most ideal place, but it's better than nothing.  And it obscures us from the First Order's eyes.