◤thirty one◢

adore you, yes i do.
mesmerized by you, yes i am.
what're you gonna do about it, lee donghyuck?
wanna find me?

Donghyuck thinks, as he pockets this shorter note away, that two people can
play this game.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The next morning, before Mark can tape his note onto Donghyuck's locker, he finds that there's already a note tapped onto the door. Skeptically, while also looking around to make sure that no one was looking, Mark takes the off of the locker, replacing it with his own and then walking down to his own locker, where he proceeds to read the note.

Admirer,

Who are you, to write such words about me? To speak so boldly? To confess so cowardly? To my face, Admirer, or it didn't happen. Do I wanna find you? More like you want to be found. I kind of enjoy this back and forth, if I may say so.

~ Lee Donghyuck.

Mark can't fight the smile which makes its way onto his face.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

unless you see me, you won't find me, lee donghyuck.
even though you may not think so, i'm smarter than that.
you haven't caught me yet, and you won't catch me any time soon.
coward, you say?
ten times the man compared to others you know, if you were wondering.
keep trying, and stay pretty to look at.
an art piece.
that's what you are.

Donghyuck hates how he blushes.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Admirer,

Get your ego checked, will you? How could you shamelessly parade your love for yourself around in your writings? Self respect, Admirer. Art piece, huh? Like a French girl? What other pretty things do you have to say about me?

~ Lee Donghyuck.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

catastrophic.
like a natural disaster.
no one sees you coming, but they've all been told what to do in case of, at least once.
however, no amount of warnings could prepare anyone for you.
a force to be reckoned with, sweet lee donghyuck.
stronger than any winds and braver than any waves.
more powerful than nature.
unlike nature, you have the eerily beautiful power to damage those who've damaged you.
and no hurricane, no tsunami and no tornado, could ever surmount the power you have.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Admirer,

You shouldn't write things like that. Letting it get to my head, boosting my ego all the way. Who's to say you won't regret it someday soon? You write about all this power I posses. Such power can be abused. With great power comes great responsibility, and I, Lee Donghyuck, for what can I be responsible for? Someone with such great power in your eyes, how can you trust me with it? Admirer, I can barely trust myself. Inflate my ego one more time, call me powerful one more time. Tip me over the edge, it might. Before carelessly handing me the power over you, find one worthy. For Admirer, I don't live up to dreams.

~ Lee Donghyuck.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

cocky of you to assume i handed over my power to you.
you're a beckoning call, lee donghyuck.
you demanded my power.
my being.
my heart and soul.
it's all for you, beautiful.
if only you'll have it and piece together who this desperate fool is.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Admirer,

To believe this is my fourth note to you, to believe I've received seven from you. One week strong, are you Admirer. They don't normally stay this long. You must have a sense of will. Or you do as I say and continue this game. Whatever it is, I guess I'll let you know now instead of later: reading your notes every morning makes my day.

~ Lee Donghyuck.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

privilege.
to be able to make your day with a few of my mediocre words.
you know what you make with a simple smile?
my entire heart go ballistic.
i think that might've been the least poetic line i've written to you, but rest assured that even through the lack of elegance, the statement remains true.
hoping many more of your days are made, through my poetry and pros.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Admirer,

You must know some things about me. Much about me to be sticking around for as long as you have been. Who are you, Admirer? Who are you, to write to me consistently for two weeks, to express yourself through your writing, to wait until you've read my note every morning? Who are you, to have such a patience with me? To play this game with me? Regardless of your identity, the banter and relationship, don't make me regret saying that, built upon these notes is something I'll cherish.

~ Lee Donghyuck.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

your makeup looks stunning today.
settled on gold and red?
marvellous choice, for a marvellous creature.
your hair, dyed darker than the day prior; unearthly.
what's your secret, lee donghyuck?
effortlessly breathtaking?
or is there a price you pay?
tell me, lovely.
let your admirer know you.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Admirer,

I've paid a price. To look like this. To put this smile on my face, I've sacrificed my real one. To brush this eyeshadow onto my lids, I've sacrificed seeing what I truly want. To smack red onto my lips, I've sacrificed my freedom to speak the truth into existence. Admirer, it may all look so perfect from the outside, so picturesque and so sweet, but rest assured that nothing comes for free. To wear my fishnets, I've sacrificed a father. To crop my shirts, I've sacrificed my home. To be who you see, I've sacrificed the old me. And to write you all of this, I've sacrificed myself. What does it  feel like? Now you have the power. And trust, Admirer. Do what you will, with the greatest gifts I could give you.

~ Lee Donghyuck.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

i'm sorry, lee donghyuck.