◤thirty six◢

A snap is what brings Mark out of his reverie, followed by Youngho pointing a finger in the direction of the office door.

Ah.

He and Youngho should probably give Taeil and Donghyuck some space.

He silently follows Youngho outside, somewhat relieved to be out of the tense atmosphere. It's not really that much better with just Youngho though, seeing as the air between them was quite awkward as well.

"Are you dating my son?" Is the question which breaks the silence between them.

Mark wishes he didn't embarrass himself by choking at the words.

"N-Not yet—"

"Just don't break his heart. Again."

Mark doesn't reply, doesn't know what to say to that.

Instead, he stands against the wall across from Youngho, picking at his cuticles as he waits for Donghyuck and Taeil to come out.

It's rather awkward between him and Youngho, but then again, that's expected. Mark tries to ignore it, despite how suffocating it's becoming. He hopes Donghyuck will come out soon.

In the back of his mind, he thinks about why he isn't just leaving. He didn't have to wait here, didn't have to stay outside the door. He could've gone somewhere else, and who even says that Donghyuck wants to talk to him after all this? He'd probably be strung high on his emotions after his conversation with Taeil, and Mark wouldn't want to wear Donghyuck too thin this afternoon.

Thankfully, the office door opens a mere five minutes later, Donghyuck being the first one to step out. His head is hung low and his shoulders are hunched. He looks so small like this, and Mark wants to keep him in his arms forever.

He watches with a heavy heart as Donghyuck comes closer to him, as Donghyuck's face crumples slowly before he's ducking it down again, hiding his features. And he might just be lucky. He feels his heart thrum in his chest when Donghyuck wraps his arms around his waist, when Donghyuck pushes his face into Mark's neck. Maybe under other circumstances, he would feel better about this, but right now, Donghyuck is silently crying and Mark can only bring his arms up to hold him.

Taeil follows suite, coming out of the office, handing Youngho a stack of papers.

By the confused look on the principal's face, Taeil shrugs.

"He made me sign them," he whispers to Youngho, who's eyes soften significantly at the other's words. "I'll be out of here in two weeks."

"Two weeks," Youngho repeats, biting the inside of his cheek as he stares at Taeil, who isn't even looking at him. Taeil is watching Donghyuck and Mark, watching how Donghyuck lets Mark hold him, lets Mark stroke his hair and pat his back. Taeil hopes he's leaving Donghyuck in good hands.

And Youngho hopes he doesn't miss Taeil too much.

It'll be different, not seeing his face everyday.

Whether it'll be a good different or not, Youngho doesn't know.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Donghyuck hasn't let go of his hand since they've left school.

Mark's hand is beginning to get sweaty, and more than anything, he's paranoid about what Donghyuck thinks about his clammy hands.

He guesses there are bigger things to worry about though, like the fact that the younger hadn't spoken a word since he's exited the office. Or how he hasn't eaten all day. Or how they're just mindlessly walking around town.