The Rebel Faction

*1 year later*

Polaris sat in a chair next to Niles as they looked over the information their spies had gathered. In the past year there had been requests to find six missing girls. Their families had mentioned that they had been approached by a guard from the castle days before each went missing. It was getting out of hand and Polaris felt helpless.

For the past 8 years she had worked by Niles and saw how he had changed the slums one person at a time. Food was still scarce but instead of all the in fighting everyone worked towards a singular purpose. That purpose being to overthrow the King.

Things had been going slowly but with their network they had amassed in the slums slowly their reach was spreading across the kingdom.

She found herself wondering if the little Princess had survived almost daily even after all these years. She knew the king never found her as for a while he was slaughtering any child that would have been her age and had red hair. Hell some weren't even the right age or gender, he just lost it and ordered them all killed.

"Are you paying attention girl?"

Snapping out of her thoughts Polaris turned to look at the man beside her. The years had not been kind to him but Niles was the closest thing she had to a family. Well him and Kieran..

"Of course!" She answered quickly knowing that he saw through her lie but chose to overlook it.

"Kieran told me he would try to come visit us soon but the King had taken a liking to him so he does not want to jeopardize anything. He also told me to make sure his bull headed sister did not get kidnapped by any wierdo guards." Niles sighed before continuing, "He also told me that the 6 girls are already dead, the King ordered him to remove their bodies from the castle and dump into the woods for the animals to eat."

Polaris had already guessed the outcome, but it still made her heart hurt thinking of all those families who would never be whole again. "We will one day end him, even if it takes me the rest of my life I will make sure that before I take my last breath he will die."

Looking back at the papers she decided she really needed a break. "I will be back this evening, I am going to go make my rounds." She had a place in mind that she always went to when life started to feel like it was too much.

Niles knew exactly where she was heading, he had been around her for too many years to not know all of her tells. He also knew that she needed it. When the world felt like it was closing in on Polaris she always went to the church by the river in the east. There were a group of orphans that lived there an she always helped the priest and nuns. The girl would make a wonderful leader when he was gone, and even though he would love to see that horrible king fall he knew that the age he was he would not be the one to do it.