The Meeting of Two Souls

Raven had spent the last 17 years with Dreg and Aurora and knew there was a lot that they did not tell her. She knew that even though she had magic she was different than Aurora, and she did not have scales or wings so even though she wanted to be a dragon more than anything she knew she was also not like Dreg.

She could not help wondering where she came from, where her family was, or if she even had one.

Currently she was supposed to be doing magic lessons, but she felt like that was all she ever did. Lessons for everything under the sun. Magic, dancing, eating, even talking! So instead she was hiding in the top branches of her favorite tree.

She was no longer a child and felt trapped. The only way she ever saw the outside world was in the books that Aurora found for her to read. Even then most of them were just more lessons. She could not help but think, "Why should it matter what kind or fork I use to eat what? Its not like I am a princess, I mean unless I am the Princess of sticks and mud. What would my loyal subjects be the rocks and trees?" She sneered but then quickly schooled her features into a relaxed expression. If Aurora had been here, she would have heard to no end how that facial expression was unladylike and it would give her wrinkles, yada yada yada.

If she stayed up here too long Dreg and Aurora would sweep the entire forest looking for her. They never said it outright, but she knew they were worried that she would run off.

She always told herself she could go just a little bit farther, she would go back, but she knew deep down that if she ever left completely, she would no want to return to the cave.

Deciding it was time to get down from her perch she planned to go the long way home passing through the ancient site, just for a few more minutes of freedom. She was already going to get in trouble so why not make it worth while.

Climbing down she started off towards the ancient site, she could not explain it but she always felt at peace there, like she was a lake and there was not one ripple on the surface. Dreg did not want her to visit the site though he never gave her a reason why, so to her there was no reason for her not to.

From her tree she could almost see the beginning of the site, another reason why she chose that tree to begin with. It was not a very far walk, not that she minded the exercise. She had been training basically since she was able to walk.

Entering the forest and making sure not to snap any twigs or leave a trail Raven walked as if the forest was where she belonged.

She had only been walking for about 10 minutes when she noticed a trail that cut through some of the brush. Limbs were broken, the ground disturbed, and there were strange footprints that she had never seen before.

She knew following it could be dangerous, but she felt like she needed to know what those footprints were caused by, if she needed to she could always call on her magic.

Looking around as she followed the footprints she saw items lying on the ground, she knew from the books she read that the weird substance in the bottle was alcohol, used to disinfect wounds. There seemed to be strips of some type of cloth as well.

"Depending on what is ahead I may come back to gather these items, I mean if it is wounded maybe it died and no longer will need them." Raven thought as she continued following the trail. She had just finished that thought when she came upon someone or something leaned against a tree.

Inching closer, "Oh it is a boy, or would it be man?" She did not even realize she had spoke out loud until he lifted his head and she was met with eyes of the brightest green. She felt like she was staring into the heart of a forest when they locked eyes, and his seemed to glow almost from within. His hair was dirty but looked to be a brownish black, and thought she did not have any experience seeing men she could tell he was attractive. He had sharp angular features and she could see an almost unnoticeable pointed tip to his ears.

Looking up Xavier saw the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, the sun streaming between the trees made her hair look like it was on fire. The reds and orange dancing in the slight breeze. However it was her eyes that took his breath away and almost made his heart stop. They were the clearest, most bright Aquamarine.

They way she was staring back at him should have made him feel uncomfortable, but it lit a fire in his stomach that made him feel as if he would die if she walked away.

"What is your name, and where did you come from?" When she spoke it was as if angels were singing. It was smooth and melodious as if the words she were saying spoke directly to his heart. He did not know why he was feeling this way, it worried him, yet made him feel happy all at the same time.

He had never even been interested in women that much. As he got older, he had his fair share of women who were interested in him, and yes they were beautiful but he grew up believing that you only shared that part of yourself with the one you would spend forever with.

"I do not have all day." Raven huffed as she looked at him, she asked him a question and he just continued to stare at her as if he was a starving man and she was a banquet thrown in his honor. As she started to feel uncomfortable and wonder if she should freeze him and go get Aurora he finally began to speak. "I Am Xavier, and I come from the town to the southwest that surrounds the castle.

"What castle? What town? Is it far from here?" Raven was beginning to get excited immediately forgetting the discomfort she was just feeling a moment before.

Xavier was confused how she would not know the Kingdom in which she lived, "How long have you been up here that you do not know where the King resides?"

Raven started to feel embarrassed, she had never left the mountain, and could not help but think that he would shun her if he knew. So she decided to lie, "Of course I know, I was just testing you."

"You are lying, I do not know how I can tell, but I can just feel that you are lying." Raven looked at Xavier in shock, but she did not see any judgement in his eyes, only acceptance.

Maybe it would not be so bad to tell him the truth she found herself thinking.