A Magic Promise

Hey just wanted to say that the picture above is how I imagine Raven, except her eyes are a little different. The picture is not mine!  I left in the screenshot where I got it from and I hope they forgive me for using it, I just wanted to give a visual for her.

Also I just realized but I think self consciously I was thinking of Seraph of the End when making Xavier and Michael. Xavier = Yuichiro and  Michael is Mikaela.  Xavier with his blackish hair and green eyes and I imagine Michael with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Taking a deep breath raven began to tell her story. "Well to be honest I know it is not my birth name but Dreg and Aurora call me Newt. That is the only name I have so I would ask you not to make fun of it. Also to answer your question, I have lived on this mountain my entire life, all 17 years of it. Or at least as long as I can remember."

"They have not told me everything, and sometimes I feel that even though I have read hundreds of books I know nothing. I know that they are not my parents but Aurora and Dreg raised me so for that I am grateful. I cannot tell you where I live as then I would have to kill you."

Once again she found Xavier just staring at her not saying a word, but this time she saw worry hidden in his eyes. She did not believe that anything in what she said should cause him worry, besides she is a stranger to him.

"Did you not ever try to leave?" He spoke softly but firmly. She was surprised that this was his first question as she was sure he would try to ask about the ones who raised her first. Or maybe even try to trick her into telling where she lived

"I have thought of leaving, sure, but at the end of the day where would I go? As you found out I really know nothing of the world around me, other than the mountain I have spent my life. I have read in books that people need money to survive and I do not wish to turn into what was the word again.... ah yes, a bandit."

This time Xavier could not stop himself from laughing. Imagining this cute little girl in front of him as a bandit was the funniest thing he had ever seen whether real or fake. Without thinking he went to reach out to stroke her cheek. The moment his fingers met her soft yet cold skin an electric shock tingled over his fingers. Before he could voice his surprise he found his body frozen, encased in ice while the girl called Newt was nowhere to be seen.

Raven watched the man from a lower branch of a nearby tree. She was hidden behind the leaves so he could not see her but she could still watch him. She knew she should get Aurora, but this man made her curious, maybe she could hide him until she found out everything he knew and then tell Aurora. Plus she needed to ask why she felt that tingle when he touched her. Her thoughts were a mess but one thing was for certain, she decided she would not get close enough for him to touch her again.

"Hello? Are you still out there? I am injured and really need to check my wounds." Raven shook her head, how could she have forgotten that he was injured. She even saw the supplies on her way to him.

Slowly climbing back down from the limb still out of sight she circled around to stand behind the tree he was leaning against. She could see that his back had blood seeping through some of the cloth strips she had seen.

"If I let you go, promise you wont try to touch me again." Xavier was surprised to hear her voice behind him, but being frozen he could not move to see her.

He did not want to make that promise as that tingle he had felt made his heart feel like it would beat out of his chest. However he felt that she would let him stay there if he did not promise. "Alright, I promise I will not touch you unless you ask me to." Xavier felt proud of himself for his promise, with this there is still a chance he could feel that tingle in the future and if he had any say he would win the heart of this fiery beauty.

Raven scoffed at his wording but still once again she felt she could trust him. Reaching forward she placed the tip of her finger against the ice that wrapped around his body and it burst forming little snowflakes that drifted to the ground.

Turning so that he could see her standing partially behind him he felt a sharp pain in his back. Seeing her almost made him forget his wound for a moment, but now the pain was coming back in full force. With a grimace he said "So Newt, if you do not mind me calling you that, have you seen my supplies? I need to work on my wound or it will not heal properly."

To his question Raven only nodded and began walking back the direction he had came not even turning around to look at him. He did not know whether he was supposed to follow, but when he tried to stand he fell back to the ground yelping in pain.

"Ah a human boy! So you are why our little Newt has not came home yet." A childlike voice spoke from the tree branch directly above him.

Looking up Xavier saw what looked like a young girl with green hair and skin laying on her stomach across a branch staring at him. In the blink of an eye the girl rolled from her branch and landed in a crouch in front of him so close he could almost feel her breath on his face.

"Well aren't you a cutie!" She squeeled before standing up and circling around him. "Hmmm you are wounded though, how do you ever expect to protect our little Newt in that condition!"

"Ummm I do not mean to sound rude, but who are you?" Xavier was still stunned by this little green girl giving him the once over that it took him a second for her words to register, "also what do you mean by protect your Newt?"

Before Aurora could answer they heard the sound of multiple objects hitting the ground and both Aurora and Xavier turned to see Raven standing there with her mouth partially open.

"Tut tut Newt, hiding such a cute boy from us. A wounded one at that! Do not tell me you planned to use those mundane items on him, that would leave a scar!" Raven just continued to stare at Aurora as she felt she had been caught doing something she shouldn't.

Finally being able to form words Raven never took her eyes off of Aurora. "Please do not tell Dreg yet, I was going to tell you Aurora!" Raven pleaded which shocked Xavier.

"Oh pish posh apple sauce." Aurora giggled before turning back to Xavier with a serious face. "I can heal your wounds if you would like, but everything comes at a price. The price being my little Newts safety, as it has always been. If I heal you I would task you with making sure no matter what happens in the future that you do not leave her side and you always protect her with your life."

Xavier did not know how he should feel about the girl named Aurora but he planned to try to be around Newt anyway so it was a no brainer.

"Of course, I will pledge to protect her even if I shall lose my life in the process." The moment the words left Xaviers mouth a green light enveloped him and quickly faded away.

"Congratulations you just made your first magic promise and it is sealed, it cannot be broken or revoked." Aurora smiled at him showing her slightly pointed teeth. "Now let's get you all healed because I can feel that Dreg is on his way and he is not gonna be happy."