2

'Meet me at 4.' Joe read the text on his phone from his one and only bestfriend, Ben. Joe was really curious as to why Ben wanted to meet him because for the past few day, Ben was not very verbal with Joe. Just small glances and smiles and short meaningless conversations were the only thing going on between them.

"Joe, I'm going. Are you coming?" He heard his brother call out and he immediately packed some clothes in a small bag and rushed down the stairs.

John had already phased, waiting for Joe to phase. Joe gently placed the small bag aside and pulled of his shirt, ready to phase. His brother decided to take Joe on a run to some place that he liked and Joe was happy that John was slowly opening up to him. As Joe phased and his auburn coloured wolf made an appearance, he grabbed the bag filled with his clothes with his mouth and followed John who had already started running in the opposite direction to their house.

It was later in the afternoon that the boys finally returned. Joe and John phased back and put on some clothes. Joe finally got some time to check his phone and saw messages from Ben, telling him the place, where to meet. He still had some time until 4 so he decided to call Lucy and ask her about Ben's behaviour.

"Hi."

"Hey, Joe. What's up?" Lucy asked in her sweet voice, making Joe smile.

"Do you know what's up with Ben, he has been kind of avoiding me." Joe said as he fiddled with his fingers, getting flustered and feeling like a girl talking about her secret crush. Well, Joe didn't like Ben or so he told himself.

"Yes, I know what's up with your boyfriend." She said smugly, a smirk evident in her voice.

"Lucy. He is not my boyfriend." Joe said as his cheeks heated up at the mention of Ben being his boyfriend.

"Keep telling yourself that Joseph." Lucy said, having had enough of their denial.

"But it's true." Joe defended himself and heard Lucy sigh on the other side.

"Just because you haven't imprinted on anyone, doesn't mean you don't like him." Lucy was a human but she knew about the two boys being shapeshifters.

"I-well, you know the-the truth, No!" Joe stopped himself from stammering anymore and giving away his secret. Was it even true that he liked Ben? Maybe, deep down Joe knew, what he had for Ben was more than just a friend.

"See! You even speak incoherently when we talk about Ben. Joe c'mon don't hide it."

"I don't know." Joe said in a swift moment and hung up. He looked around his room, his cheeks still coloured up as he thought back to Ben. He shook his head, trying to get rid of the thoughts of the boy he was supposed to meet in sometime.

He got up and headed down, ready to phase. He didn't bother carrying clothes because he would head back home in his wolf form or Ben would always have something extra that he could lend Joe. As he exited the front door, the soft breeze hit him, making him feel energized suddenly. He phased, his wolf talking over as he ran far away from his home.

As Joe was enjoying the run, he recalled that he had forgotten to inform his mom about his departure so he turned around and rushed back to his house, phasing back to the human form and telling his mom that he would be late, who instead laughed as she saw Joe hiding behind the couch to hide his nakedness. He huffed and ran out the house naked, her laughter still audible as he phased back.

He started running again, enjoying the smell of the woods and the gentle breeze caressing his soft fur as he ran. He thought back to the place where Ben had called him. It was their special getaway.

After a good five minutes, he finally arrived at the place, Ben's scent evident in the air, making him sniff. He felt a sudden weight over back, as if someone was seated on him, which alarmed him. He shook his whole body, growling at the figure seated on top of him, making the person fall on the ground.