7

Those beautiful big black eyes with tiny grey specks stared up at him with a white shining smile and a cute dimple. A dark complexion making the most striking contrast between the teeth and the skin. Her cute chubby cheeks and beautiful button nose making her look like the most beautiful creature to ever live.

The edge of her small mouth had messy stains of mashed potato as the brunet fed the baby, sitted on her highchair. Tiny giggles erupted from her baby lips as her 'papa' made faces to keep her occupied while feeding his baby girl.

She was soon done with eating while being entertained the whole time. Soon enough, after being cleaned up by her papa, tiny yawns lefts her lips as she rubbed her eyes, mumbling a small 'sleep'.

Joe took the hint and smiled at their 3½ year old baby girl as he picked her up from the chair. He silently cooed as she made herself comfortable in his arms, cuddling closer to his chest and resting her cheek against the soft fabric.

He gently put her down in her crib, smiling to himself as she immediately got accustomed to her surrounding. Soft even breaths were heard and from her and that was the brunet's cue to leave her alone, in peace.

He slowly walked around his apartment, looking for a head of blond hair, wanting to spend some alone time with his husband. The sun was about to set which meant the his lovely husband would been on the terrace with a cup of coffee, looking out at the view.

The three of them were here for a few days, wanting to get away from the traffic, noise and pollution. This was their getaway.

As he made his way through the apartment lit with a beautiful orange hue to the terrace, he saw the view he was expecting. The blond, standing at the guard rail with his back facing the auburn man and an empty cup placed on the nearby table.

He walked near the standing figure and wrapped his hands around the others muscular abdomen sighing at the feeling of the familiar warmth emitting from his husband. He felt two hands placed on his own as he tenderly kissed the other's shoulder blade and rested his head there and hid his face in the blonde's neck, smelling the familiar scent of cologne he loved.

"Hi." He slowly whispered, voice slightly mumbled.

"Hi, love." The blond whispered back, turning his head a little to place a kiss in the auburn hair. Joe smiled at the small action, further nuzzling his face in the crook of the blonde's neck.

"She really likes your mashed potatoes." He said with a slight amusement in his voice and an audible giggle after. He heard a breathy chuckle from the blond after.

"Daddy's got that down for her." He said in his deep, calm voice, a smile clearly evident in his words. The shorter hummed at that and they were wrapped in silence, a comfortable one.

"Yeah, he has." Joe said slowly after a moment and tightened his hands around the other's torso and felt gentle hand caressing his scalp, putting him at ease.

Even time the couple talked about their baby girl, Joe's thoughts drifted back to when they together made the decision of adopting a baby for themself.

Ben always thought about his and the brunet's future together and when the thought about having a baby came along, surrogacy was the first word that popped in his head. Having a child of his own.

Joe on the other hand, always kind and thoughtful and sympathetic, wanted to adopt a baby if he was going to spend his life with a man that happened to be the blond. The image of raising someone, not related to blood and giving them a new life always filled him with joy.

They both shared their views on the topic when the time finally arose and the both of them had their opinions and defences but it dawned to the blond that his lovely husband was right. They were financially pretty stable and raising an orphan baby was an amazing option in all honesty.

At the end of their conversation, for some unknown reason, Joe was in tears and Ben was cradling him in his arms, trying to calm him down. Later when the blond asked the shorter about those tears, the brunet giggled and told the taller that he was just so happy, that the blond agreed, that he had to let out his emotions.

Soon enough they were surrounded by beautiful babys and kids cowering away from they after seeing two new faces in their familiar territory. That's when they saw those beautiful set of eyes that completely captivated them.

Maybe they were being selfish and unfair to the other pretty kids without loving parents.

"Y'know, its Monday tomorrow-" Joe said in a small voice and stopped himself.
"Benny." He completed his with a slight giggle in his voice.

"When are gonna stop calling me that?" Ben asked with a sigh and a smile on his face.

"Never." He said as he leaned forward, near the blonde's ear and placed a kiss below it. The blonde's smile grew as he turned around in the shorter's arms, facing the beautiful face that was shining with a faint orange shade.

He wrapped his hands around the shorter's neck, slightly pulling him closer, as he tangled his fingers in the soft auburn hair. He leaned forward and kissed those soft lips, savoring the moment. Their lips moved in sync and even after so long of being together, every kiss they shared always felt like the first kiss, needy but slow, desperate but unhurried and full of love.

"Monday, huh?" Ben asked as he leaned back to have a look at the other's face. The shorter nodded at him with a toothy grin and he happily sighed. They had divided their parenthood according to weeks. One week, Joe would handle the baby and the next week Ben would take up that responsibility. If one of them needed help in their respective weeks, the others would definitely help. They shared the responsibility so they wouldn't feel like completely giving up on the baby and their lives as well.

It was Ben's week and he was happy to comply. He was doing this for his amazing husband and his beautiful baby girl, Ava.
-