12

She did not do that. No, she did not. She can't. She promised me. It was our secret. Our secret. She promised.

"Joe, where are you?" The blond whispered to himself in a quivering voice, his hands shaking as he watched a scar etch into the skin on his left pec, right below his nipple. Tears running down his cheeks and landing on his bare torso, the tatters of his T-shirt fallen around him and soft sniffles emitting from his red lips, which looked swollen from the continous biting.

"JOE!" He called out loudly, his voice deep and his bottom lips trembling as he thought back to what happened. He knew calling about to the auburn was useless but he hoped that the smaller heard it. His sobs grew louder as he fell to his knees, his hands fisted as he slammed them into the floor, creating a small dent over the place.

His body collapsed to the floor, getting weak from all the crying he was doing, his strength decreasing slowly before he drifted off.
-
"Ben. Ben. Wake up. I'm here. Come on." He was woken up by a soft voice and gentle caresses over his cheek and tender fingers through his blond strands. As his green eyes opened, they immediately squinted, trying to adjust to the brightness around him. His mouth opened and closed, hardly any words escaping his lips.

When his vision was quite clear and he noticed a auburn fluff of hair and hazel eyes staring at him with a gentle smile on the pink lips, he moved closer and snuggled into the shorter's abdomen, who was sitting next to Ben. The blond broke down when he felt the comforting hands tangle themselves in his hair yet again. He sobbed as he wrapped his hands around the other's waist, pulling him impossibly close.
-
"Can I ask you something?" Joe questioned in a small voice, not wanting to disrupt the serene moment between them as he laid on Ben's chest, opposite to the scar. He drew invisible lines on the blond's abdomen as he looked him in his green emerald eyes. The blond looked down and smiled gently before nodding. The smaller ran a finger besides the skin along the scar and heard the blond gasp.

"Does it hurt bad?" He innocently asked as he looked up and was met with a pair of wide eyes staring at him in disbelieve.

"No one had ever been able to see my scars." Ben stated in a hoarse and deep voice of his. Joe looked a bit confused by the revelation.

"Only my mother was able to see them and she always told me that one day someone will be able to see them too." Ben stated as he gently moved Joe's head away from his chest and sat down next to him.

"Ben. What are you on about?" He asked as he sat down as well. He made a move and extended his hands forward, grabbing onto Ben's and holding them tight between his.
-
His first scar appeared when he was five and a boy had called him some stupid name. He was just a kid and that alone made him cry. When he rushed to his mom, holding onto his thigh where the scar was situated, she smiled at him and placed her hand over it, calming him down and offering him a small candy, just to make him smile. When she removed her hand, the scar was gone, just like that.

Over the years, he always got small scratches and scars, nothing major until he realized that he might as well like guys. His dad was not the most open about it and didn't speak to him for a week or two after the revelation. Whenever he saw his dad, a scar would appear but his mother would come in as a savior and make him happy making the scar disappear.

When he questioned her about the scar, she told him something that he would never forget. She said that every single person had those scars that only either of their parents and their soulmate could see. No one else was able to see them and in the future whoever will be able to look at the scar that person should be cherished.

She also told him that many people weren't aware of it yet but she told Ben to look out and know about these things.

Ben was never the one to show off his body, the only comfortable things for him were jumpers and jeans that covered almost all skin. He had had scars before in front of his friends, in front of Joe but they were always hidden. This scar specifically was not hidden because it was hurting so bad that Ben had no choice but to tear his T-shirt in the agony he was feeling. He was truly betrayed by a person he deeply trusted and it showed on his torso.

He himself was surprised when Joe saw the scar or was able to see the scar.
-
"Ben, I-" Joe started but paused because he wasn't sure how he could tell what he wanted to tell. Ben looked at him with waiting eyes, waiting for him to say something.

"I knew all along. I just didn't want you to know." Joe said in a small voice, his eyes fixated on the floor they were previously laying on and now sat on.

"I always saw those small scratches over your biceps and shoulders." Joe began before Ben could interrogate him.
"Maybe when I stayed over or when we played some stupid game where you had to take off your clothes. I asked around if they could see it but no one else gave me yes as an answer."

He looked over to Ben, who was still staring at him with his wide emerald green eyes.

"After seeing your scars, no matter what, I stayed close to you, inspecting you moves closely but, I didn't know what to make of it so I asked my dad. He told me about it and I was left confused. You are my friend, my best friend and I was scared to ruin that between us."

Ben's grip tightened on his hand.

"I was always the jealous type but I tried to deny it. When you found someone I always tried to be happy for you and it worked because I didn't get any scars, not until you trusted that-that bitch more than me." Joe said with gritted teeth.

"She told everyone, didn't she? That's why you have that scar right?" Joe said as he pointed to Ben's torso and Ben nodded, almost ashamed for telling some random person than telling Joe.

He moved forward and gently ran his finger over the scar, making Ben flinch a tad bit. He then grabbed the hem  of his sweater and pulled it to his neck, revealing a huge scar, the same as Ben's but on the right side.

Ben placed a gentle hand over the scar on Joe's torso and stared him down, slowly leaning forward. He pushed Joe down on the floor and hovered over him before he dipped down and kissed the auburn.
-
The scar vanished just like that, both of their scars vanished because they were happy.
-
Ugh! This was so bad and cheesy, I apologize! But here you have it!