Chapter 2

About two hours later every piece of ice on femme melted and Ratchet turned off the warming machine in the room thinking it won't be useful anymore. „How is she, old friend?" Optimus asked ripping medic out of his thoughts. „I honestly don't know. I can't heat up this room anymore. It could damage some of her systems but she would recover faster if I let that machine go. I'll have to leave this to her. I don't know how big damage the cold weather did." the medic explained a bit disappointed and frustrated. The leader gently gripped his friend's shoulder plates making him look into his bright blue optics. „We all know you do your best. I believe she will be alright. Just give her a time." he said and smiled slightly at the medic who returned the smile. „She seems awfully familiar to me. But I am not able to remember why and that frustrates me." Ratchet said. „You will remember, friend." the bigger Autobot replied and left medic alone with his patient.

Ratchet tried so much to remember but his mind couldn't focus on his task. It was racing and no thought kept in his mind for long. He was lost in his thoughts but he was ripped out of them by a low groan. His head jerked in the direction where his new patient was. He saw her moving with her helm. He ran to her side and her optics shot open. She jumped out of the berth and almost fell on the floor but stood in a fighting stance. Ratchet could see she felt dizzy and weak. Her knees were bucking under her weight but she refused to fall on the ground.

She didn't know where she was and who was the big white and orange blur in front of her. „Back off!" she yelled but it sounded like she was extremely tired. Her yell caught the attention of all Autobots on the base and the children as well. None of the Autobots was about to fight a confused newcomer. The femme tried to hold on to her peds but she soon fell on the ground on her knee plates and on her servos.

Ratchet carefully came to her side and when he saw she is unable to fight he knelt down to her. The femme looked at him as she tried to focus her optics on the medic. „What's your name, kid?" Ratchet asked. Femme sighed heavily like she was out of breath. „Mi...Misty...Mistytora..." she rasped almost unhearable. Ratchet's optics widened and he gasped. The femme in front of him collapsed on the floor out cold. Medic quickly laid her back on the berth and gave her some Energon but still, he didn't shake off the shock.

When he was done he just stood next to femme's helm carefully watching her. His optics scanned every part of her body he couldn't believe it. He just couldn't.

„Ratchet." medic heard someone call his name but he saw no one from his team he saw his older brother. „Diesel?" he asked confused to see his red and white brother. An older Autobot held something in his servos. „Greet my daughter, Mistytora," he said happily with drips of coolant in his optics. Diesel looked so happy. Ratchet took a better look at a sparkling in his brother's servos. She had a darker brown colour. She was so tiny and innocent. „Mistytora, huh? Nice one, brother." Ratchet said smiling at his brother. „It was Litup's idea," Diesel replied. Ratchet chuckled. „Of course it was." he joked. Little sparkling's optics opened for the first time and both brothers saw her crystal clear blue optics looking at them. Then a little smile appeared on her tiny face plates. Diesel was so proud and Ratchet was proud of his big brother. „Welcome to Cybertron, Mistytora," Diesel said warmly and sparkling looking around amazed.

„Mistytora," Ratchet said when he got out of the memory he forgot a long time ago. He couldn't understand how he could forget about his brother's daughter, his niece. Only one other look at her made the old medic tear up. „You grew up so much," he whispered and rubbed his optics with one servo. „Ratchet, do you know her?" came femme's voice from behind. The medic looked behind him to his team and sighed quietly. „Yes, I know her. Her name is Mistytora and she is my niece," he explained and saw the shock in everyone's facial plates. Smokescreen silently gasped and felt his spark tightening in disbelief.

He wanted to leave the room but there was something invisible holding him in one place. His optics were wide and he stared at the femme he had known since he was sparkling. „I know her as well." escaped from his mouth. Everyone turned to him. „From where?" Bulkhead asked. Smokescreen sighed and looked at his sparkling hood friend. „We knew each other since the beginning. We were growing up together since I lived with Silence. Until..." he fell silent and turned his face away. „Until what?" Arcee asked. Smokescreen closed his eyes when the memory came to his mind. „Until we were separated." he spat and left the base. Other Autobots sighed. „He lost a lot of his memories of his creators after he was captured by cons and he didn't remember anything about them until he grew up a little. But he always remembered them leaving him after he was born. When I found him he was asking about them and his friend now I know who it was." Silence said and went after his brother.

„Smokes?" Silence called his brother's name when he found him in his usual spot where he sat when he was sad or angry. Young Autobot sat on the edge of a cliff in front of Silence with his knee plates pressed against his chassis and with his servos wrapped around them. Silence sat next to Autobot he found a sparkling and called him brother. Younger Autobot had his clear blue optics full of coolant and its drips were slowly streaming down his face plates. Silence side hugged his brother and held him close he remembered exactly the times when his little brother talked about his friend being kidnapped by scary cons. He never thought she is still alive.

„You don't need to talk to them about it, little brother. They won't ask you." Silence said. Smokescreen nodded and hid his face in his brother's chassis as he cried silently. He didn't know if it was from happiness to know his friend is alive or the disappointment he felt in himself. Silence sat there silently and let his brother calm himself.

When the night came they both returned back to the base. Nothing changed, children were playing video games, Ratchet was sitting by his niece and the others were talking about something. Silence led his brother silently through the room to the medic and his niece. Ratchet looked at them not knowing what to say. „I am sorry," Smokescreen whispered and hung down his helm. The medic stood up. „For what?" he asked. „I couldn't save her from the cons all those years ago," Smokescreen replied trying not to fall apart. Ratchet put a servo on his shoulder plates. Smokescreen looked into the medic's optics looking for his usual pissed look but he was surprised by a warm smile. „You were just a little sparkling, Smokescreen. I am not blaming you for anything. I am sure after she wakes up everything will be alright." the medic said kindly. Smokescreen was shocked by the medic's kindness but just nodded and then happened the most shocking thing. Ratchet hugged Smokescreen.

When Ratchet let go, Smokescreen thought he will say something like ‚don't you dare to say it to anyone but nothing like that came. Ratchet just patted his shoulder plate and smiled warmly. „She is your friend, Smokescreen. She won't blame you for anything." the medic said.