Chapter 3

Smokescreen came closer to the femme's side and scanned her face plates carefully. „I would recognize her anywhere," he said quietly and carefully grabbed her left servo and looked it over. „What are you looking for?" Ratchet asked. „This," Smokescreen replied and showed his brother and medic symbol on femme's palm plates. It was a strange symbol similar to a spiral just spiky.

„What does it mean?" Silence asked. Smokescreen laid her hand back down and stood up looking at two Autobots behind him. He lifted up his left servo and he had the same symbol on his palm plates. „We both were there," he whispered. „There? Where is ‚there'?" Ratchet asked. Smokescreen sighed. „Shockwave's labs. He used us for his experiments." he hissed with venom in his voice. „Shockwave's labs?" Silence asked shocked. Smokescreen nodded heavily and chills went down his body at those memories. „We were like rats to him." he hissed and clenched his fists. „Until he decided I am not useful to him anymore and he separated us. He... He sent me to that prison where Silence found me." he added with venom in his words.

Silence knew the past was hurting him but he never knew it was so traumatizing to him. Shockwave had no right to do that to little innocent sparklings. He didn't even want to know what he did to them. It had to be terrible. Suddenly Smokescreen left the medical bay and drove away. Silence wanted to follow him but the medic stopped him. „He needs time," he said and Silence nodded.

An hour passed and the young femme opened her optics again. Ratchet immiadetly stood by her side so she wouldn't be afraid of being alone. Silence stood on the other side and watched. Mistytora looked at the medic trying to focus her vision. „Welcome home, Mistytora." the medic said smiling softly. „Uncle Ratchet?" femme gasped in shock. Medic nodded and helped his niece to sit. Mistytora stared at her uncle like she didn't even believe to see him. „Is that really you, uncle Ratchet?" she suddenly asked. „Of course, it's me, little one." the medic replied and hugged her. Femme's optics started to tear up from happiness. „I missed you!" she yelped and buried her face in the medic's chest plates. „It seems like forever. You grew up so much." Ratchet said.

Optimus was talking with two Wreckers and Arcee about some important things until they were interrupted by three pairs of pedsteps coming from the medical bay. They all turned to see their medic and third Wrecker with young femme by Ratchet's side. „Team, this is Mistytora, my niece." Ratchet introduced her to the team. „Nice to meet you, Mistytora. I am Optimus Prime." Prime said smiling softly. Mistytora watched him in amazement. He was more massive than anyone ever told her.

Then Arcee stepped forward. „Arcee, nice to meet you," she said smiling kindly. Mistytora's optics widened and she smiled. „I've heard so much about you. You were my idol when I was sparkling," she said trying not to sound too excited. Arcee was shocked. „Really? That's nice," she replied. „Yeah, well. I am Bulkhead and this guy is my best buddy, Wheeljack." Bulkhead interrupted. Mistytora looked at them. „The best of the best Wreckers," she said scanning them both. Wreckers changed looks. „You heard about us?" Wheeljack asked. Mistytora smirked. „Who hadn't? My sire was telling me stories about Autobots battles when I was little. I loved those stories." she said. „Your sire was our friend. He was a good bot." Silence said. Mistytora nodded. „He was awesome." „Oh, and that is Bumblebee," Arcee said pointing at the yellow bot who fell into a recharge under the children's spot. Young femme almost yelled. „Is this a dream? I never thought I'll meet all my idols at once," she said. Other Autobots smiled.

„How long have you been on Earth?" Optimus asked. Ratchet's niece froze. „He sent me here years ago," she said hanging down her helm. „Who?" Bulkhead asked. „Shockwave." she hissed. „He sent me here to find Energon for him before the war of Cybertron was over. But then I lost connection with him and I became free. I lived here since that. That's about five Earth years. I was about eleven Earth years old when I became finally free. I never thought to see some Autobots ever again. I hated being alone. I was free but alone." she explained. All Autobots stared at her in shock. „You were Shockwave's prisoner?" Wheeljack asked. Mistytora nodded. „But I was not alone. My friend was there with me as well. His name was Smokescreen. We were captured and held together until Shockwave sent him... away." she hung down her helm holding back drips of coolant.

„But Smokes is here." Bulkhead pointed out. Mistytora's helm shot up. „Really?!" she yelped and jumped to him grabbing both his servos tightly. Bulkhead got nervous. „Yes, he went for a ride before you woke up." Silence answered for him. „I must see him, please," Mistytora begged. „I can take you to him but do you have human vehicle mode?" Silence asked. „I lived here for years. Of course, I have human vehicle mode." Mistytora replied and transformed into a darker brown FIAT Tipo. Silence smiled and transformed. „FIAT duo!" he yelled happily and drove away with the new femme behind him.

They drove quietly under the night sky along green fields. „Where are we going anyway?" Mistytora asked. „I am leading you to the only place where Smokes go when he needs to clear his mind." the older bot replied. „Oh, did he ever talk about our... past?" she asked. Silence slowed a bit. „Yes, an hour before you woke up. He thinks it's all his fault. That he wasn't good enough to protect you from Shockwave." he explained. „What? No, it wasn't his fault at all! He couldn't stop him!!" Mistytora yelled in shock. „You can explain to him yourself we're here." Silence replied and transformed. Mistytora followed him to the cliff and saw her friend sitting by the cliff. „Smokescreen!" she yelled happily. The young rookie turned sharply to them. „Tora." he gasped and stood up.

Mistytora ran to him and hugged her friend. None of them could hold back their happiness. Both of them had optics full of coolant. „I missed you so much, my friend," Mostytora said through her sobs. Smokescreen tightened his grip on his friend. „I was so worried about you," he whispered trying not to fall apart. „I thought you are dead after what he said." femme said and looked into her friend's optics and wiped away coolant from his face plates carefully. Smokescreen almost broke down when he saw her optics. He never truly believed to see her again. „Silence found me, he saved me," he said looking at his brother. Mistytora looked at him as well. „Thank you, Silence," she said and hugged him too. When she let go she smiled. „So you have a family now," she said. „Silence raised me. He is my big brother." Smokescreen said. „Heh, it was nothing." the golden Autobot replied.

Suddenly they heard engines above them. „Starscream," Smokescreen growled. „Come on, kiddos. We have to get out of here." Silence said firmly and drove away followed by both younglings.