No Man Escapes

08
No Man Escapes
Season Two: Episode 7

A giant robot stood in the middle of the Titans tower. It's body was bloody red, it's hands and face were deep blue. The robot's eyes were crystal green and glowed as it scanned the room.

"What the fuck?" Donna asked.

Everyone stared the bot down. They waited for it's next move. Seconds passed like hours.

The robot's gaze locked on Vosh. "Supernova of Oa located. Life readings-- positive." The bot's voice blared like a megaphone.

Kory turned to Vosh. "You know this guy?" She asked.

He stared into the eyes of the machine. Flickers of a memory played in his mind. He saw carnage and dismembered bot parts scattered about. He remembered a blinding green light. It must've been the machine's eyes.

"I.. I think so?"

The machine spoke again. "Supernova, you must die." It took a step in Vosh's direction.

"Hey, hey..." Hank stepped in the machine's way.

The machine swatted Hank aside like a fly. Hank flipped over the couch and landed on his back.

"No man escapes the Manhunters!" The machine chanted.

It all became painfully clear. Vosh felt his head explode with memories. Memories of the machines attacking his family. There was no woman or gigantic being. There were small, blue, creatures. Brilliant creatures.

"Vosh, run!" Kory's scream tore him from the memory.

He came to just in time to see a canon aimed at him. His eyes widened. Gar tackled him to the floor and saved him from the powerful green ray that tore a hole in the wall.

Kory sprinted for the Manhunter. Her fist pelted it's metal face and knocked the machine off balance. She swung once more but the Manhunter caught her fist.

It recuperated quickly. Kory fought against it's grip but the machine was much stronger than her. Her eyes blazed with fire and her fists ignited as well. She punched it in the gut with her fiery hand.

The Manhunter released Kory. It swiftly ducked under a jab from Donna. The machine kneed Donna in her stomach. It kicked her into Dawn and knocked them both to the ground.

Kory came swinging again but the Manhunter caught her fist once more. This time it headbutt her so hard the metal helmet chimed. Kory fell back, motionless.

Gar snarled before transforming into a giant, green tiger. He lurched for the machine.

The Manhunter caught Gar by the bottom of his snout and his hind leg. Though Gar snapped at him it did nothing to the machine. The Manhunter flung Gar trough the air. The green tiger crashed into the fireplace, snapping bone.

Rachel's anger flared. Her eyes and the gem in her forehead began to glow a ruby red. She raised her arms. A dark cloud flowed from her body and into the air.

The Manhunter aimed it's canon and blasted into the cloud. Rachel screamed in agony and fell back. The machine took aim once more.

"Stop!" Vosh screamed. He stepped into the line of fire. "It's me you're after, not them. Kill me." He said to the machine.

The Manhunter adjusted it's aim. It sent a powerful blast of green energy at Vosh. The ray smashed against Vosh's force field. It was much stronger than Vosh thought it'd be, but the shield held.