What's Destined To Be

28
What's Destined To Be
Arrow Season Eight: Episode 8
(Crisis on Infinite Earths part 4)

Conner jolted awake. The first thing he noticed was the sky. It glowed a vibrant green. Past the field of energy, he could see nothing. Nothing but empty blackness.

Conner jumped onto his feet. He was in a crater, one he knew wasn't his own creation. He looked down at the deep green rocks at his feet. A faint purple residue coated them. The more he observed, the more residue could be found.

The strangest thing was that it didn't alarm him. In fact, it was soothing in a way. Familiar, even.

Conner knelt down and lifted a rock. It crumbled to dirt in his hands before he could truly examine it. "What is this place?" Conner asked aloud.

"You are on Oa, the home of Supernova."

Conner whipped around. His fists were clenched and his eyes burned bright. He was ready to attack.

The being he saw, however, wasn't imposing in the slightest. His pale blue skin was blotched with dark spots. His red and white gown was torn and marred in blood. Most of all, his green eyes were weighed by bags.

"Who are you? Where's Vosh?" Conner asked.

"I am Ganthet. The last of the Guardians." Ganthet answered. He raised his palm. A faint green energy lifted Conner from the Crater and set him on ground level.

Conner looked around. He saw a giant city a few miles away. The city was in ruins. Smoke from freshly died fires rose in billows. Buildings were destroyed.

"What happened here?" Conner asked.

"Parademons from a galaxy far, far away ambushed us. With all of our Lanterns off world, attempting to stop the antimatter wave, we were left vulnerable. It took the lives of my brothers and sisters to protect the Central Power Battery." Ganthet explained.

Ganthet floated away. He glanced over his shoulder. "Come, I will take you to Supernova."

Conner speed walked behind him. "Where is he? Barry said he was consumed by light, that he was hurt trying to stop the antimatter wave."

"That is true. He attempted to absorb power that was much too great for him. In this form, at least." Ganthet said.

"What form are you talking about?" Asked Conner. He felt like he was in an interrogation.

"His human form, of course. Before he was... 'Vosh,' he was Supernova. A being so powerful and shrouded in mystery that nor myself or the other Guardians could understand him."

"He possessed immense raw power. No matter how much was taken from him, he was always able to create more. In fact, the more we took, the stronger he became to replenish himself. Nothing we did, not even making him human, lasted in capsizing his power."

"Why did you want to stop him from growing strong in the first place?"

"Because, at the time, we believed him to be a danger. Not only to us, but to all life across all universes. No being should possess such power, especially not a child. Children are too emotionally driven."

"Emotions are.. They're a right. People should be allowed to feel however they're feeling." Conner argued.

"I agree, but Supernova is no human. See, when he was happy, stars danced in the sky. When he was sad, lights swirled to his whim, and when he was angry... Comets showered our planet. Had it not been for our Central Power, we would've been wiped out."