What Is Your Purpose?

09
What Is Your Purpose?
Season Two

"Open your eyes, Brother, and see..." Her whisper trickled into his ear and slithered down his spine. 

Vosh's eyes ripped open. He could see stars for miles. Around him, purple fields of energy undulated and kept him safe. He floated in the abyss between his mind and somewhere else. His safety was short-lived. He watched a deadly wave of antimatter cascade toward him with widened eyes. 

He yelped. He turned around. Vosh began to fly in the other direction but came to a halt soon after. The light of a positive matter wave blinded his eyes.

"Oh no, no, no, no.." Vosh cried. There was nowhere to run.

Vosh could do nothing but watch. Both of the destructive energies cascaded towards him. Stars, planets, and everything within their path ceased to exist.

The antimatter wave collided with the positive matter. A violent explosion preceded. Vibrant colors of new and old rippled through the space time continuum.

Vosh raised his arm. He shielded his eyes from the burning light. Through the crevices in his fingers, he could see the energies swirling together.

"This isn't the last of the explosion.." he said to no one but himself.

Vosh slowly dropped his hand. The antimatter and the positive matter swirled in a furious cycle. At the center of the decimation, a brilliant ultraviolet orb began to form.

The orb called to him. Beckoning Vosh to move closer, and closer. Something about the light was so familiar. His body floated towards the vortex.

The energy that surrounded him flowed into the center of the orb. The ball of light grew, and grew, and absorbed all of the matter in the space it touched. Stars, planets, and all the carnage came rushing to him.

Vosh blocked a chunk of a dwarf moon. It disintegrated upon his touch. The mass grew so large that an ultraviolet light was all that Vosh could see.

He turned around and saw a beam of white light zooming through space. It collided with the center of the orb and created another explosion.

The explosion tore a hole in the space time continuum. The center of the mass ejected searing hot rays of plasma in all directions. Vosh was blinded by the light and thrown into open space.

When Vosh could see again, his eyes took note of a change around him. He no longer floated in open space. He was caught in the gravitational pull of a planet.

Vosh went plummeting to the ground. He crash landed in a barren, deserted clearing. Vosh groaned and rolled over onto his stomach. "I thought you didn't feel pain in dreams," he groused.

He pushed himself onto his feet. Vosh looked around him and saw nothing for miles. The sand at his feet was green, and dry. He looked to the sky and saw 2 moons in orbit.

A breeze sent billows of sand into the air. Vosh coughed and swiped the dust away from his face. The sound of a wailing baby caught his ear.

Vosh turned around and looked at the ground. He looked into the crater caused by his crash landing. A black baby, skin dotted with stars and nebulas, wailed.

Soft waves of omnipresent violet light rippled off of the baby. Vosh gasped as he looked into the child's brilliant purple eyes. He could see the formation of stars and planets within the purple orbs.