The Remnant

31
The Remnant

2 Weeks Later

Supernova floated over Earth 9. His spectral glow illuminated the thermosphere. He could see everything at once. Hear every voice, every thought.

It overwhelmed him at first, the power of clairvoyance, but he'd been learning to deal with it. He trained himself to take in information piece by piece. To take his time with things.

Being a god wasn't easy. After joining The Presence and the others, things only grew more complicated. He was meant to watch over countless universes and the timelines within them. However, he couldn't interfere. Not when there was something much larger in play.

It made his job as Supernova hard. He wanted to bridge the gap between gods and heroes. Lately, it seemed that gap began to grow.

Supernova shut his eyes. He released a deep, steadying breath. In order to gain control over this power, his mind had to be clear.

"Focus," He whispered to himself. "Focus."

His mind narrowed to a singular thought. It wasn't surprising to him, who he thought of. The only boy that'd been on his mind his entire new life. Conner Kent.

He could see Conner and Krypto, the rest of the Titans too. They'd just returned to the Tower. Likely from a mission.

Conner stopped just before he went inside. He looked up into the sky. Somehow, someway, his eyes landed on Supernova. Somehow, Conner just knew he was there.

Conner took off into the air. He flew fast and hard, pierced through the sky like a missile. Within a minute he had Supernova in his arms.

Supernova and Conner went tumbling through space. They laughed in each other's arms.

Conner dotted his face with kisses. "I missed you, I missed you, I missed you." He said between each kiss.

"It's only been two weeks," Said Supernova. A giddy chuckle erupted from his lips. He cradled Conner's cheeks.

"Two weeks without you feels like a lifetime. You didn't tell me you were coming back from Oa this soon?" Conner said. He loosened his grip around Supernova's waist to look him in the eye.

"That's because I didn't think I'd be back so soon, but I managed to steal some time away. Between FG and my father, I haven't had a second to myself." He said.

"So does that mean you have time to stop by the Tower? Krypto misses you."

"I miss Krypto too, I miss everyone... But I'm sure the moment I touch down on Earth, they'll be calling me back to Oa."

"So you want to just float here in space then? The satellite does have a pretty nice view."

Supernova grinned. "I..."

Static in his mind caused him to wince. He groaned and touched his temples. Someone wanted to make contact.

"Vosh, what is it?" Conner asked. His eyes and tone were laced with concern.

"A transmission. FG linked me to the Corps network, makes it easier for me to help out. Also gives me one hell of a headache." Supernova explained.

"What's it saying?" Conner asked.

Supernova opened his palm. Stars gathered above his hand and swirled into a hologram. A lantern, one he knew well, appeared in the stars.