The Great Sacrifice

29
The Great Sacrifice
Legends Of Tomorrow Season Five: Episode 1
(Crisis on Infinite Earths 5)

Vosh sat upon a bench in the park. A breeze tickled the back of his neck. The blades of grass on the ground shimmied in the breeze. He followed the line of the grass and stared out into space. He watched the infinitude that was once in his chest duplicate. Watched it grow into a new multiverse.

"Quite the sight, isn't it?"

Vosh turned and saw his father, The Presence, sitting beside him. He gasped. "You're back... how?"

"You and your Spectre restored my form when you restarted the multiverse."

"Restored your form? You mean..."

"I was never dead. I was simply thrust from the dying multiverse into the place outside of space and time. This place." Said his father. He motioned to the park floating outside of the multiverse.

"So you were here watching from your safe little pocket dimension while we risked our lives to reinstate the multiverse?" Vosh asked. His tone full of accusation.

"You know that is not true, child. I stopped you from perishing with the antimatter cannon. I transported the paragons to safety and you and Conner to Oa. It took all of the power I could muster."

Vosh nodded. "Where's Conner now? Is he safe?" He asked.

"For now. He is on Earth-Prime with the Kryptonians."

"And Alister? Do they remember what happened?"

"Alister May very well be the only one that doesn't remember. He's back home, in his original timeline. they'll adjust to the changes made to their existences. Some worlds have merged, some have been made anew, and others have been reformed. Including Earth Nine, the home of the Titans."

"If you sent Alister back, why didn't you send didn't you send Conner home to the Titans?"

The Presence hummed. "Because the battle is not yet over. There are still powerful forces at play."

"That's impossible. We saved the multiverse, we brought everyone back. Mobius died." Vosh argued.

"Did you witness his death?"

"I... I thought..." Vosh couldn't say for sure. He thought Mobius was vaporized from the burst of positive matter. He thought wrong.

"He is not dead, my child, he is still fighting his fight."

"Then why did you bring me here? I have to go warn the others!" Vosh pushed himself off of the bench.

His legs gave out underneath him. Vosh toppled over. He fell onto the soft grass with a grunt. "Wha..."

He looked down and was bewildered by what he saw. His body, it was mangled. Bits of his true form, his supernova form and his human form mixed together. He resembled a chimera.

"What's happening to me?" Vosh asked. He looked up to his father, desperation in his eyes.

"It is time for you to make The Great Sacrifice, Supernova. Destiny grows impatient, she will not wait any longer."'

"I thought that was over? I.. You said I'd make a great sacrifice to save the multiverse. Look, the new multiverse is right the..." The realization hit him like a freight train.