Until It's Gone

15
Until It's Gone
Season Two: Episode 13

The lady Titans and Vosh gathered in the Tower. Each side had something to report.

"Jericho is alive. Don't tell me Dick actually said that." Donna said, over it.

Rachel, perched on the countertop, spoke. "Well, more like scrawled it on the wall of his cell. Like caveman-style." She explained.

"I don't even know what that's supposed to mean." Said Dawn. Her arms were crossed and she seemed just as over the fuss about Dick as Donna.

"It's a style Neanderthals used to depict images in cave walls." Kory explained.

"Usually battle scenes or hunting." Vosh added.

Both aliens received a glare from Donna.

"I meant that Jericho's alive." Dawn clarified.

"Oh, sorry."

"Yeah, that makes more sense."

"Well, one thing's for sure. He has clearly lost his mind." Donna said.

"But I keep having these dreams about Dick being killed by Deathstroke and they're not going away. We need to do something about that." Rachel insisted.

"I believe you," Donna began. "But we have bigger problems right now." She said.

Donna flipped open a tablet. It was linked to Cadmus Labs' interface.

"Okay, what's the plan?" Rachel asked.

"Well, the man Cadmus office building closes at nine and security drops down to ten. It's two at each gate, and six roaming inside." Kory said.

"Okay, what about the lab?" Donna asked.

"The lab is completely different. It's a twenty-four-hour operation. When I was there, the place was filled with guards. In the last week, they've doubled security." Vosh explained.

"Four six-hour shifts, twenty bodies around the clock." Dawn added. "Sounds like that's where the party's at."

"Okay. Well, let's crash it." Donna said.

"Oh, so we're just gonna break into Cadmus and get Conner and Gar out of there. Just the five of us?" Rachel asked, tone dripping in sarcasm. 

"Do you have a better idea? Or are you just gonna sit on your ass and complain about every course of action?" Vosh asked her. He didn't have the patience for this. Time was running out.

"We don't have a choice right now, okay? But between you, Kory and Vosh, we have plenty of fire power. At least to get us in through the front door." Donna said.

"About that. I've got some bad news," Kory said as she folded her hands. "My powers have vanished."

"What?" Donna and Vosh asked in unison.

"W...What do you mean?" Donna stammered.

"I don't know. I don't know what happened but they're gone and I haven't been able to get them back." Kory explained.

"Well that's fucking great." Donna exhaled.

Vosh squeezed Kory's shoulder. "I know what it's like to lose your powers. I still haven't gotten mine back." He said.