Chapter 6 - Dragons, whales and portals

The group of 1-A students had started frequenting the cafe, and Midoriya had slowly gotten accustomed to the timings at which they entered and their usual orders on that particular day of the week. He also remembered who usually didn't come on the daily class outings and homework sessions, and made sure to only prepare the necessary orders ahead of time.

The only ones who had never entered the cafe were Mineta and Todoroki, and Midoriya suspected that it was because of Enji; he never liked the man, and never would, but Enji could not hurt his family as long as Midoriya was around. Midoriya had taken Dabi under his wing, and if he needed to, he would extent that protection to Todoroki.

His sister, Fuyumi, came along often enough, much to his confusion; the Todorokis didn't live anywhere that area, and he knew that the school that Fuyumi worked in wasn't in the area either. What she was doing so far from home, Midoriya didn't know, but Midoriya always packed some extra snacks whenever Fuyumi came in with her bulk order; Fuyumi had mentioned before that Todoroki liked the vanilla biscuits and Natsuo prefered the chocolate ones.

Midoriya was never fond of Mineta, based on the descriptions that 1-A had given him. He hated people like him, people who tried to take advantage of others over their genetics. Midoriya certainly had enough of that bullshit, and he wasn't eager to meet the little piece of shit.

Or maybe he should seek him out and teach him to not mess with his friends.

"Midoriya! Help!" Kaminari waved his arm at the green haired teen, "I can't do this, and no one wants to help me!"

Midoriya delivered his next order, before he retied the string around his apron and approached Kaminari, "What is it this time?"

Kaminari pouted, and pointed to the question. Midoriya scratched his head, "That's easy, though?"

Yaoyorozu looked up from her worksheet. She knew how to do the question, but she certainly wouldn't say it was easy.

"You just integrate that, then differenciate that. And then then plug both of them into that equation, and you should end up with three variables. You have to differenciate that other two equations, and substitute it. You should be able to cancel it out and get five for x. Then plug x into the other variable equations. You should get two for y, seven for z, fifteen for w and eleven for v." Midoriya pointed out.

"Did you just do the entire thing mentally? Without a calculator!? Holy cow, Bakugou's right! You really are a genius!" Ashido gasped, and Midoriya sheepishly scratched the back of his head, "Not really. I'm just good at maths. It's the simplest subject for me since it's objective and it's either right or wrong with no inbetween."

-------------

"Ryu! Haven't seen you here for a while. How are you?" Midoriya greeted, as the Dragoon Hero settled down on the seat by the counter, as another figure with the face of a killer whale took the seat beside her.

"Zuku. I'm good. Things been busy lately." She shrugged, ordering a green tea latte. "Kugo, want anything?"

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" The other figure whispered, and Midoriya let out a sharp bark of laughter as he went to prepare her drink, "Yep. I honestly didn't expect you to bring him here."

"Sakamata Kugo, Midoriya Izuku." Tatsuma introduced them, and Midoriya stuck his hand out, "Just call me Izuku, I don't mind."

Sakamata shook Midoriya's much smaller hand, just realising how young this kid was.

"So, Ryu, what do you need this time?"

"Advice." Tatsuma lowered her voice. "There's this villain that we're chasing, but he causes a lot of collateral damage and it distracts whichever heroes that are chasing him in order to save civillains. I'm confident we can take him down, but we're really sure not how to prevent him from causing more damage."