Chapter 9 - New Friends?

Midoriya quickly slipped the lid off an unlabelled small container, containing a few white coloured pills, before dumping two in his palm. He popped them in his mouth, before taking a small mouthful of water and swallowing.

He never did like taking medication, but it wasn't like he had a choice.

Midoriya sighed, screwing the lid back on, before he spotted Dabi, Eri and Kota sitting on the couch, watching the news.

He quickly ushered them out, before shutting the door to his home. The USJ incident had gone well, but he had to go to UA and give his statement to Tsukauchi.

"You guys ready to go?" Midoriya asked.

Eri, Dabi, and Kota nodded.

"You sure you don't want me to man the shop instead of just closing it again?" Dabi asked, "You just have to give a witness report, don't you?"

"Nah. It's fine. It's just another day, no biggie." Midoriya shrugged, "Also, I think Nezu wants to talk to you... regarding you know who."

Dabi raised his eyebrows, "And he knows about that how?"

Midoriya looked at Dabi like he was an idiot, "Nezu's like the smartest guy in the world. If I could figure it out, pretty sure he can too."

Dabi stared at him for a second, before shrugging. The more people that knew how hideous his father was, the better.

"Alright, let's go, kids!"

----------------

Midoriya sank into the familiar couch in Nezu's office, waiting for the principal to get back from a meeting. Nezu had been talking with Dabi before he had been called away for a meeting, but Dabi had mentioned that they were finishing up anyways, and didn't mind too much.

He had spent his time baking with Lunch Rush.

The door finally opened, and Nezu strolled in.

Midoriya leaned back into the couch, and grinned, "Sup, Dadzu."

"As cheeky as ever, Zuku." Nezu laughed, "I expected no less. Tsukauchi will be a little late; he was caught up in something."

"That's fine. I kind of expected it; the cafe's closed for today." Midoriya shrugged, "Thanks for getting Dabi's ID done on such short notice."

"No problem. It wasn't to hard, anyways." Nezu smiled, plopping himself down on the couch opposite Midoriya, "Care for some tea?"

"Yes, please."

Nezu poured the tea out of the teapot into two smaller cups, and pushed one over to Midoriya, "You never did like fighting, Izuku. How on earth did you end up tangled with this...so-called League?"

"They kidnapped me. Well... kinda?" Midoriya shrugged, "Then I heard they were going to attack Kacchan's class and I ... couldn't let that stand."

"As expected of you." Nezu sighed, "Just like with Overhaul and Muscular. I can't blame you, really, given how you were... raised."

"Yeah..." Midoriya muttered.

"Speaking of which... here." Nezu slipped a small bottle of pills out of his pocket, before passing it to Midoriya, "Your meds for the next two months. They lowered the dosage again."