Chapter 12 - Fire and Explosions

"So... uh... hi?" Shinsou nervously spoke up, as he appeared in 1-A's doorway, holding his bag. Aizawa nodded, letting the boy into the room.

"Heard about what Izuku did just now. And I'm not too surprised. You were the only General Education student to make it to the finals of the Sports Festival." Aizawa muttered, before he sat down in his chair, "Shinsou, what lessons are you supposed to be having now?"

"Uh... homeroom?" Shinsou hesitantly offered, standing awkwardly by Aizawa's desk, before the teacher pointed at the empty seat right at the window, behind Bakugou and in front of Mineta.

He waited for Shinsou to settle down, before he sighed, "Alright, you should know this, but the week after this, you will be having your internships. Shinsou, as you were from the General Education course with no prior training, you won't be going on any interships. Instead, you will be under Izuku's tutelage. No training for today, but I'm sure you've all gotten some notes about your quirks this morning from Izuku."

"More like a handbook." Kaminari muttered, fishing the neat stack of papers out of his bag.

Shinsou looked around, and Aizawa grumbled, "You don't have one yet, Shinsou. Izuku's probably still working on it. Give him a day or two. Anyways, look through it. Anything you don't understand, go find Izuku tomorrow or later or something. Tomorrow, you will have combat training, so rest up. That's it. We'll be choosing our hero names later in the week, so I'm giving you the lesson to think about it and go through those notes. And please don't overwhelm Shinsou on his first day, please."

"Speaking of which... where is Izuku?" Yaoyorozu asked, "Is he in school?"

"Nope. He went back to the cafe." Aizawa replied, and Shinsou blinked in confusion, before remembering that Tokage had mentioned it the other day during the announcement of the Sports Festival after the USJ incident, "You should know where it is; you've been there before."

Shinsou wasn't even going to bring up the point that it seemed like Aizawa was stalking his students.

"Now, do whatever. Just keep quiet. I'm taking a nap."

Shinsou watched as Aizawa slipped into his signature yellow sleeping bag, and looked around the class, utterly confused.

"Is this normal?"

"Yes. Now shut up, Purple Fuck." Bakugou growled, before taking out his English homework.

Shinsou drawled, "I have a name, you know."

"Ah, don't worry about it." Kirishima grinned, coming up to sit on Bakugou's desk, laughing as he was roughly shoved off, "He gave you a nickname, so he probably has some level of respect for you. If he called you extra, then you'd have a problem."

"Fuck off, Shitty Hair." Bakugou snarled, and Shinsou just watched, even more confused than before as Kirishima continued pestering the blonde despite the explosions popping off his palms.

Shinsou was just confused for the rest of the day.

-----------------------

Shinsou shoved his books into his bag, before heading to the cafeteria. He wasn't too surprised to see Midoriya sitting on the table, laughing as he chatted with 1-A. Iida was berating him for sitting there instead of in a chair, but Midoriya was just ignoring his attempts to get him to move.

Midoriya spotted him, and beckoned him to the table, leaving Shinsou with no other choice than to slip into the emtpy seat at the greenette's table. Besides from Bakugou and Iida, there was Uraraka, Asui, Kaminari and Ashido, and the rest of 1-A were sitting at other tables around Midoriya's.