Tipping Point

Team JNPR

Nora: Another day, another adventure!

Jaune: Ruby, you okay?

Ruby: Oh, I'm fine. It's just... why did Daniel had to leave us without telling us about it? It says in his letter: "Hey, guys. I'm sorry, but I got a call from Qrow, saying that he needs me on his mission. At first, I don't want to accept his offer, but then he said that this mission could have the possiblities of finding Yang, Weiss, or Blake so I gotta come with him. Don't worry, I'll be be back with you guys in no time. PS: Ruby, I've left you 2 packets of cookies inside of your bags, make sure you eat it okay? From, Daniel."

Ren: Don't worry, Ruby. Besides, he left you cookies. He still made sure that you're doing fine.

Ruby: Yeah, I guess you're right. (sighs) Haven is a lot farther away than I thought.

Ren: Ruby... how long did you think this journey was going to take?

Ruby: I don't know! I grew up in a small area: I've never been this far from home.

Jaune: Right, but... how long?

Ruby: Maybe like, uh... Two weeks.

Jaune: WHAT?!

Ruby: Okay fine, three or something! Look, whatever. Hey, what's that?

Nora climb onto some wooden fence to look at a village in the distance.

Jaune:That's... strange. I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days.

Nora:Are those buildings... damaged?

Jaune:We should search for survivors!

They all run towards the village and saw a lot of buildings was either damaged or unfinished. Ruby search under a wooden planks to see for any survivor, but found no one.

Ruby:Anything?

Nora:(on top of a building) Nothing over here!

Jaune:No one over here either!

Ren:It almost seems like the town was abandoned.

Ren, Jaune and Nora look around to find anything until Nora found something.

Nora:Hey, I think I found something!

They all walk towards Nora to see the name of the village.

Nora:Oniyuri? Never heard of it...

Jaune:Me neither.

Ren:I have.

They all looked at Ren in surprises as to how did Ren know about this village.

Ren:You might think it as Anima's Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed. Years ago, the richest members of Mistral were unhappy with how the kingdom was being run. Frustrated with the council, they pooled their resources together to build their own city... with their own laws. They hoped that one day, it could maybe even become its own kingdom. Many thought it would be the future. (walks off) I know my parents did.

Ruby:What... happened.

Ren:What always happens.

Ren brushes some dirt off of the stone border of a low wall to reveal claw marks.

Jaune:The Grimm.

Ren:(tighten his hands into fist) Not just any, one.

Ruby:One?

Several small black birds take off from a tree outside Oniyuri's wall. They fly over the village and the four travelers.

Jaune: Come on. Let's just get through here. This place gives me the creeps.